Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2017, 07:31 PM

93,350 posts, read 124,009,048 times

Advertisements

Here is another list from NY Upstate: Albany in a day: 10 things to do during a trip to New York's capital | NewYorkUpstate.com

At the bottom, there is a list of 24 places to eat at in Albany as well: Best places to eat in Albany: 24 can't-miss restaurants | NewYorkUpstate.com

Is there anything you would add or replace from either one of the articles?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2017, 10:07 AM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times
Last I heard, Alive at Five may be in jeopardy due to the city budget.

Old 04-28-2017, 03:02 PM

138 posts, read 114,953 times
Funny that the writer's premise in the top 10 things to do list was: "Some people call it Smallbany but there is a plethora of things to do!" If those are the top 10, then you are proving it is indeed, Smallbany.

A given are the main two: State Capitol and the Empire State Plaza.
Alive at Five is nice as well. This gives Albany three nice things.

"Big whoop": Park Playhouse, and The Albany Institute of Art. All cities of Albany's size have an art institute and a playhouse.
Are you kidding me: Lincoln Park pool. Seriously now? Putting that there was pathetic. If you want to mention Lincoln Park, mention the skating rink. Oh, nevermind, it's a "summer article". Lincoln Park is just another park in the summer.
Things you do once/infrequently: Dutch Apple Cruises and USS Slater. I will endorse Dutch Apple Cruises by the way if you've never done it. It's worth it.
More Parks: "The Great Outdoors" and Corning Preserve. Nothing against them, but every city again has something like this.

Yep. It's Smallbany.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:22 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Here is another list from NY Upstate: Albany in a day: 10 things to do during a trip to New York's capital | NewYorkUpstate.com

At the bottom, there is a list of 24 places to eat at in Albany as well: Best places to eat in Albany: 24 can't-miss restaurants | NewYorkUpstate.com

Glad they included New World Bistro Bar. Best restaurant anywhere. IMO, of course.

But they left off Rain, the Asian place. Good food.

Old 06-09-2017, 06:10 PM

16,966 posts, read 34,722,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post

My youngest will be attending school in the Capitol region. I't has been a very long time since my days as an Albany student. I look forward to checking out some of the restaurants on the list. Cider donut shop is the first stop

Old 06-12-2017, 06:21 PM

3 posts, read 2,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Last I heard, Alive at Five may be in jeopardy due to the city budget.
Thats comical. Its not like they are shelling out big money for good acts. I looked at the lineup this year and just yawned. I'll go but nobody worth seeing.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:21 PM

6,915 posts, read 3,953,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkpoker13 View Post
Thats comical. Its not like they are shelling out big money for good acts. I looked at the lineup this year and just yawned. I'll go but nobody worth seeing.
You're not kidding. I am only planning on going to two shows this year, one at Freedom Park in Scotia on the 24th and Rocking on the River in Troy on the 28th, because my friend of 24 years, Alex Torres, is playing.

Old 07-11-2017, 10:28 PM

406 posts, read 624,184 times
I have always wanted to see a performance in the The Egg. It was not mentioned in the article and so far no one has talked about it in this thread. I would like to hear from those who have been to The Egg. Was it worth it? Pros and Cons?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area