Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2022, 12:02 PM

17 posts, read 24,358 times

Advertisements

Hello

We are planing to move to Saratoga county area in near future. We are currently living in Massachusetts.
I'm trying to see what are the best hospitals near Saratoga or Albany county.

Massachusetts has top notch hospitals in the country (Mass general, Boston children's etc.)
What about Saratoga or Albany county? any good hospitals?

I found out that St.Peter's hospital is good one. any recommendations?
Also just curious is there any hospital for kids? (Similar to Boston children's)

Also I'm wondering is it normal for people to visit nearby states (MA, CT) for hospital visits. I know CT also has good hospitals but not sure anything near within 1 hour from Albany.

Thanks

Last edited by Newhouse86; 06-22-2022 at 12:15 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2022, 06:21 PM

1,213 posts, read 567,205 times
People not from the area always talk smack about capital region healthcare & hospitals.
And people from the area don’t speak too highly either.
Basically, if you have an emergency and you have no other choice but to die, it’s worth the risk. Everything else you need to go downstate/the city.
How true it is I don’t really know. Wife says most services and facilities are acceptable.
I don’t go to doctors, I’m one of the only go for a bullet wound or severed limb or something.
But yeah, ask a transplant from the city and they’ll tell you it’s terrible.

Old 06-24-2022, 10:45 AM

17 posts, read 24,358 times
I checked the hospital ratings in the medicare.gov and below are the ratings

Albany Medical Center - Overall rating 1 star, Patient survey rating 2 star

St Peters - Overall rating 4 star, Patient survey rating 3 star

Saratoga Hospital - Overall rating 4 star, Patient survey rating 4 star

As per the above rating, Albany Med rank lowest. But most people here mentioned that it is better than other hospitals. Can we trust those Medicare.gov reviews?

https://www.medicare.gov/care-compar...5&sort=closest

Any comments?

Old 06-24-2022, 01:04 PM

93,193 posts, read 123,783,345 times
^Given where you are looking to live, I would look more in Saratoga Hospital.

Also, I don't know if it is any better or worse, but depending on where you are in Saratoga County, Glens Falls Hospital and Ellis Hospital in Schenectady are other hospitals to look into.

Old 06-30-2022, 03:00 PM

9,319 posts, read 16,655,876 times
We moved outside of Saratoga Springs 14 years ago. Healthcare has been a struggle. We were used to great doctors and care in NJ. Went through 6 primaries before I found one that is knowledgeable and understands the patient (Moreau Family Health). Have experienced Albany Med (terrible), Glen Falls Hospital (mediocre) Saratoga Hospital (better). Specialties is hit and miss.

For several years we traveled to NJ because of the poor healthcare. With the passing of my spouse I didn't want to travel 3 hours.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area