Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area
 [Register]
Albany area Albany - Schenectady - Troy - Saratoga Springs metro area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2024, 10:13 AM

93,178 posts, read 123,783,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellBottomBlues View Post
Thank you for the trail map references link - appreciated.

It's something of a conundrum for me.....I don't want to deal with heavy traffic either, but I want to be close enough to urban/suburban transportation options - another way of saying I don't want to always drive - or if I have a medical appointment, I may not want to drive...but as I said, I am coming from 30+ years of major US cities, so the Albany area - or all of upstate, for that matter, doesnt phase me at all.

I was looking at condos.
So, are you looking at other places upstate as well?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-14-2024, 04:13 AM

4 posts, read 1,771 times
Clifton Park is a good combination of convenience and suburban. Sounds to me that you are looking in Exit 9 area (maybe the Bentley?). Another area that might check your boxes is Saratoga Springs. A little further north, but vert walkable in some areas and a good balance of urban/suburban.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Albany area