Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2007, 01:12 PM

3,982 posts, read 10,459,719 times

Advertisements

Liberal, conservative?

whre does Abq rate?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2007, 03:28 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,181,344 times
Albuquerque is a swing city in a swing state.

Lower density areas tend to be more republican, higher density more democrat. As with most of America there are many more liberal folks than conservative ones but as far as the polls go, it's very close here.

Old 06-18-2007, 09:03 PM
LLD

654 posts, read 3,071,709 times
I'd call the question about political atmosphere not social atmosphere. Santa Fe is liberal and many parts of Albuquerque are liberal but I still see a ton of Bush stickers. I agree that the cities seem to lean liberal and the rural areas are more conservative. Fairly typical pattern for several states I'd say. Overall New Mexico seems to go the Dem route over the last several Presidential elections but at times it goes for the Repbulican. So it is a mixed bag.

Old 06-20-2007, 12:27 AM

1,418 posts, read 4,916,612 times
Well the congress rep. for the region Albuquerque is in is a republican, Heather Wilson. However, she only won by 800 votes. So...its pretty evenly distributed. Some parts of the city are more heavily biased than others.

Old 06-20-2007, 10:57 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,342,524 times
You can't peg Albuquerque as one or the other. It varies from 'hood to 'hood.

<<WARNING: GROSS GENERALIZATIONS AHEAD>>

Many newer communities and sprawl areas (west side/Rio Rancho/Far NE Heights) are taking in newcomers from more conservative parts of the country which is skewing the city (and the congressional district) to the right.
More established areas tend to be Democrat and there are large swaths of extreme (and I mean barefooted drum beating anti-everything marching vegan animal rights) liberalism in the SE part of town near UNM and Nob Hill. Although I find those people kind of silly, I much prefer them to the other side (Gas-guzzling SUV W'04 I'll use all the H2O I want on my Kentucky bluegrass perfection hey, the military industrial complex is why you can afford to protest barefooted 'n beaded If you don't love America go back to communist Russia ya longhair) of Albuquerque.

I have yet to find a middle ground

ABQConvict
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque