Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2010, 04:18 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by karmathecat View Post
Two Fools and O'Niell's call themselves pubs.
Really, any bar that is not actually a club (cover charge or dress code) or a restaurant (with a bar for waiting for your table) is a pub. O'Neills and Two Fools are a couple of the only one's that try for the Irish theme, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lalahartma View Post
That's not really fresh seafood! Besides, the days of seafood is over, really.
???

I'm in New York at the moment and I can say that seafood seems to be as popular as ever. Just last night I had a bowl of freshly harvested steamed mussels and a bluefish fillet. Fresh seafood is one area that NM definitely lacks, unfortunately.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2010, 08:32 AM

2,140 posts, read 6,469,422 times
Re: seafood, there seems to be fewer sustainable fishies.

Those are two good choices, tho!

Abalone - Seafood Watch | Monterey Bay Aquarium

Old 08-08-2013, 08:57 AM

9 posts, read 28,315 times
I think it's interesting to see that since this thread started a Chipotle and Panera Bread have both opened!

A new thing in ABQ that I am loving is how they are doing food trucks in the park now. Very fun!

Old 08-08-2013, 10:38 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,767,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose4011 View Post
I think it's interesting to see that since this thread started a Chipotle and Panera Bread have both opened!
There are currently two Chipotle's in operation in Albuquerque and I believe three Panera Bread's (I have not visually seen the three in real life)...

Old 08-08-2013, 10:39 AM

1,324 posts, read 2,511,249 times
This may have been covered and I missed it. Asheville, NC has small craft breweries spring up all over and people love it natives and tourists. Think we have 12 now in town of 75, 000 some locations kind of funky just adds to charm. With the wonderful NM chile laden dishes a natural pairing! Even the local community college offers beer making program. Creates job, especially for young people.
Someone mentioned zip line, has been a draw here. Columbus, Ga.has just finished a whitewater course in town, we are lucky surrounwd by rivers good for whitewater. Abq.is such a great place room for lots of ideas capitalize on the cities strengths.

Old 08-08-2013, 10:50 AM

1,992 posts, read 4,061,735 times
The Albuquerque area has a few breweries.

Marble
Chama River
Broken Bottle
Nexus
Tractor
La Cumbre
Il Vicino
Kelly's
Bosque
Abq Brew Pub
Cazuelas (Rio Rancho)
Turtle Mountain (Rio Rancho)
Fat Squirrel (Rio Rancho)

Old 08-08-2013, 11:02 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,767,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsmw47 View Post
Columbus, Ga.has just finished a whitewater course in town, we are lucky surrounwd by rivers good for whitewater. Abq.is such a great place room for lots of ideas capitalize on the cities strengths.
We have relatives who live/work in Columbus, GA.

Just were do you see "rivers good for whitewater" in the ABQ area? Santa Fe, Embudo, Taos area yes...

Old 08-08-2013, 11:51 AM

811 posts, read 2,941,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
There are currently two Chipotle's in operation in Albuquerque and I believe three Panera Bread's (I have not visually seen the three in real life)...
I believe there are 3 Chipotle's in ABQ ......Menaul, Paseo Del Norte and 528 on the west side.

Old 08-08-2013, 12:12 PM

2,070 posts, read 2,384,008 times
I'd be interested in a business that will scan all your old photos or documents and put them on a CD or thumbdrive. This might exist in Albuquerque but I have recently heard of businesses that specialize in this sort of thing and can do it well and at a reasonable cost. I just don't have the time for this sort of thing.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:01 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,061,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observe View Post
I believe there are 3 Chipotle's in ABQ ......Menaul, Paseo Del Norte and 528 on the west side.
There is also 3 Panera's in town. Coronado Mall, Paseo del Norte/Louisiana and Cottonwood Crossing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque