Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2012, 08:09 PM

34 posts, read 198,201 times

Advertisements

We in the process of moving to Rio Rancho from San Antonio. We've found a beautiful house for rent in the Corrales area about a 1/2 block from Rio Rancho Elementary.

I've driven through at night and day and seems pretty peaceful...

Anyone have any comments about that area and the schools. I have 2 in Elementary and another starting Middle School.

Any help would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2012, 08:30 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,971,071 times
My wife and I have lived in Rio Rancho since 1998, we also have a home in Albuquerque which we rent out and I have had kids or grand kids attended Rio Rancho schools from K to 12 and college...

We still like it here...

You might read this thread: Rio Rancho Info

You might also try this search which I am testing (and tell me if it works): Rio Rancho Search By Thread Title

Good luck on your move!

Rich

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 03-07-2013 at 08:59 PM..

Old 04-16-2012, 09:13 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,120,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemedic242 View Post
... house for rent in the Corrales area ...
I'd like to point out that Corrales is a town and not an area.

A house can be near Corrales. However, that still makes for a large possible "area" - miles and miles ...

When you are asking about an "area" I would list a major intersection.

Old 04-18-2012, 11:44 AM

3,061 posts, read 8,386,146 times
Do you mean the Corrales Heights subdivision in Rio Rancho? Off route 528 across from Albertson's. We drove through there when we were renting and didn't really care for the area. Guess mainly because we didn't find any homes there that had what we were looking for.
Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Old 10-22-2012, 10:46 PM

1 posts, read 1,517 times
Default Moving to Rio Rancho in Nov 2012

This Rio Rancho thread appears to be a huge forum and I hope my post finds the right audience. We plan on moving to RR in November from NE Florida. NE Florida is more like SE Georgia. We're NE'ers from upstate NY, so our idea of cold is quite a bit different than what we've experienced in FL in the last 10 years. Our primary goal is to get out out the deep south, which is misery beyond most people's imagination. I've enjoyed reading the opinions and ideas and people who have lived here for several year and have many years of perspective. My wife is a non-native citizen and we're somewhat out of the mainstream. We've had trouble finding kindred spirits and it seems that, from our many trips out to the area, people in NM either share our situation, or more importantly, don't give a crap and just want to be left alone. I work from home in IT and my wife is a highly-accomplished classical musician.

Ideas/thoughts/ramblings on various subject would be appreciated:

Best places to eat
Schools (for our 12yo daughter)
Concerts
Cool things to do
Best coffee (we love Flying Star mostly cuz its not Starbucks)
Concerts
Museums
Hiking
Rock/Fossil Hunting
Native American (art, places to go)

Thanks to all!!

paulm

Last edited by prm108; 10-22-2012 at 10:49 PM.. Reason: adding title

Old 10-22-2012, 11:42 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,971,071 times
This giant thread will answer many of your questions: Rio Rancho Info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque