Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2010, 07:57 PM

281 posts, read 629,655 times

Advertisements

Before i drop the big bucks and one of my few nights out without the little one, is the Corn Maiden worth it? The menus online look wonderful, I love the drive out there... (well, it's all of 7 minutes from here, but it's nice) but I don't get to do the 'pretend I'm someone I'm not' thing real often at nice restaurants.

-Z
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2010, 05:34 PM

1,073 posts, read 2,688,421 times
In my opinion, it's not worth the money. I just asked my husband and he agreed. It's a very nice atmosphere, but overpriced for what you get. However it has been a few years since we've been, so it may have changed. It's been awhile since we've done any fine dining (basically since kids came into the picture three years ago), but I would recommend anything Jennifer James. Casa Vieja used to be great and then tanked when chef Jim White left, but maybe that has changed too. It has a most amazing atmosphere. Le Cafe Miche also never fails (never been to the bistro, but the original restaurant is amazing). The Ranchers Club is another good high end restaurant worth the money IMO.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:00 AM

657 posts, read 1,337,963 times
I find Corn Maiden terrific...if you are looking for huge glob portions of food maybe its not your cup of tea. But the food is excellent, atmosphere wonderful and the service is very good.

A really excellent restaurant in the area is in Placitas a few miles up the 165...Blades Bistro, not too pricey but creative menu, always fresh and lovely setting, and Kevin and Anya the owners are charming.

Old 09-29-2010, 11:16 AM

4,874 posts, read 4,817,581 times
I'll second the recommendation of Blades Bistro. If you're looking seriously upscale, then I suggest Prairie Star (on the road to Tamaya).
Blades Bistro, Placitas, NM Restaurant

Old 10-07-2010, 10:58 PM

277 posts, read 682,680 times
Did you go? Was it worth it? We were trying to decide between that and Antiquity in Old Town for a really special occasion.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:16 PM

Corn Maiden lost out on the issue of simply not being open yesterday (Thu-Sun hours.)

So we went to Antiquity. Had Chateaubriand for 2, the seafood bisque, beef carpaccio...

was awesome. Much impressed.

Still kinda want to try the corn maiden, in spite of mixed reviews, but it'll have to wait...

-Z

Old 01-07-2011, 09:20 AM

2,304 posts, read 2,965,659 times
Thanks for sharing the experience with Antiquity. I've been curious about it but haven't been there myself.
I would heartily recommend the Corn Maiden. It's my favorite high end restaurant in the area. The attractive setting, superb food, and service are all special.
And the Hyatt Tamaya now offers for locals a sign up for a program and card called the Pathways which gets you a 15% discount on rooms, the spa, the Corn Maiden, and the Santa Ana Cafe.
This makes dining at the Corn Maiden all the more attractive.

Old 01-08-2011, 05:45 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,623,512 times
Antiquity is awesome. My favorite 'upscale' place in town.

Haven't tried Corn Maiden so can't comment on that one.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:37 PM

Made it to the Prairie Star... Wow! I think antiquity may still be my favorite, but with Prairie Star <2 miles away and with the AMAZING view of the mountain out its picture windows, it's a close second.

The food was outstanding, beginning to end. The seafood rellenos were an outstanding appetizer. I had the bison striploin w/ foie gras butter which was done to perfection and my date had the scallops which were expertly prepared. Dessert was outstanding, too, which is somewhere most of the upscale restaurants have disappointed me lately, including Antiquity.

I liked the other diners at Antiquity more, though, it had an eclectic mix of family people, whereas PS was kinda overrun by late-middle-aged men with convertibles fresh in off the golf course loudly discussing the lackluster performance of the commodities market.

I wasn't looking to make friends, I brought my own lovely and intelligent company, but there's something obnoxious about the way the midlife crisis multiplies and gets louder when there's a group.

Still looking to try corn maiden, too, though.

-Z

Old 08-29-2011, 11:31 PM

1,182 posts, read 2,479,923 times
Having your favorite beverage out on the PS patio as the sun goes down is a great way to relax. Especially if you're missing green grass since you look out over the golf course to the bosque and Sandias beyond.

They do jazz on Friday evenings - see Golf Santa Ana Pueblo, NM - My New Mexico Golf - Golf Twin Warriors & Santa Ana Golf Club. We've attended this and had a great time. And the music keeps the whiners a lot quieter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque