Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2010, 11:24 AM

8,734 posts, read 13,815,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rybert View Post
Maybe some clarification would help... are we talking about Red Chile Sauces available at your grocery store in Texas? Or grocery stores in NM/ABQ?
I was asking about the grocery stores in Alb, so the next time I drive through, I'll have a better idea and stock up. With an aisle full of so many different brands and so little time... just want to get an idea of what y'all get when you want a jar. like i said, the girl at El Patio suggested El Pinto.

Finding red chile sauce in a Texas grocery store is like walking into the Christmas store at the mall and looking for the Hanukkah section. IOW, there are probably a couple of brands at the end of the aisle on the bottom shelf.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2010, 11:52 AM

3,557 posts, read 10,217,092 times
Oh... ok... then Bueno is not the best option here...

Old 01-20-2010, 11:59 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,750,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
I was asking about the grocery stores in Alb, so the next time I drive through, I'll have a better idea and stock up. With an aisle full of so many different brands and so little time... just want to get an idea of what y'all get when you want a jar. like i said, the girl at El Patio suggested El Pinto.

Finding red chile sauce in a Texas grocery store is like walking into the Christmas store at the mall and looking for the Hanukkah section. IOW, there are probably a couple of brands at the end of the aisle on the bottom shelf.
Check these threads:
//www.city-data.com/forum/new-m...een-chile.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/albuq...th-buying.html

Rich

Old 01-20-2010, 04:52 PM

995 posts, read 2,727,341 times
Someone recommended this joint. Whole Hog Café - World Champion Barbeque bbq, restaurant, arkansas, new mexico, tennessee, louisiana (http://www.wholehogcafe.com/index.htm - broken link)

Old 01-20-2010, 05:03 PM

3,557 posts, read 10,217,092 times
Absolutely! Their sauces are very good! I know, I know, good meat doesn't need sauce, but try the sauces anyhow.

Old 02-01-2010, 08:31 PM

426 posts, read 1,086,882 times
I went to California Pastrami today for lunch. The owner gets their meat from the same supplier that supplies The Hat chain in CA. The pastrami was good. You could get it on a roll or on rye bread, known as Eastern Pastrami. The pastrami itself is thin and tender. Not too fatty either. Very good! I also had some chili cheese fries and those were good as well. Tasty chili. He's also got roast beef and corned beef. There's also some tacos and hot dogs.

I forgot the actual address, but it's located on the West Side. On highway 528 next to the Brake Masters. And yes, they have green chile.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedely View Post
I went to California Pastrami today for lunch. The owner gets their meat from the same supplier that supplies The Hat chain in CA. The pastrami was good. You could get it on a roll or on rye bread, known as Eastern Pastrami. The pastrami itself is thin and tender. Not too fatty either. Very good! I also had some chili cheese fries and those were good as well. Tasty chili. He's also got roast beef and corned beef. There's also some tacos and hot dogs.

I forgot the actual address, but it's located on the West Side. On highway 528 next to the Brake Masters. And yes, they have green chile.
pastrami on anything other than rye, IMO just isn't worth it.

Old 02-02-2010, 08:35 PM

426 posts, read 1,086,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelazyone View Post
pastrami on anything other than rye, IMO just isn't worth it.
Well you can get it on rye if you want. With a pickle spear! I'm not much of a pastrami person so whether I eat it on rye or a roll or white doesn't matter. I know it's not the same either way you eat it, but.... well if I really, REALLY liked pastrami the bread would make a difference.

Old 02-03-2010, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedely View Post
Well you can get it on rye if you want. With a pickle spear! I'm not much of a pastrami person so whether I eat it on rye or a roll or white doesn't matter. I know it's not the same either way you eat it, but.... well if I really, REALLY liked pastrami the bread would make a difference.
Pastrami is the best. If you ever happen to make you way to NYC, check out Katz or Carnige deli for a killer (literally)sandwich.

Old 02-05-2010, 11:52 AM

5 posts, read 11,676 times
I actually found a great one in a strip mall called Tickles and Snooks Wings and Things on Montgomery. Been there twice, first time I had the wings, they were great, nice sized and friggen 30 some flavors to choose from. Second time I got a Philly Cheese, holy crap this was good, ive been to Philly and this thing rated up there with the best, even offered it in white or "wiz", I was stuffed to the "bone" after eating this 12" gargantuan. Im going back to check out the shrimp PoBoys!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque