Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2007, 11:28 AM

9 posts, read 40,227 times

Advertisements

Hi all,
Well, we made it.
Arrived from Grand Junction, CO early last week.

Really looking forward to settling in here in the Duke City.
We're in contract for a house in the Far Northeast Heights, beautiful neighborhood.

I've got two motorcycles, a Honda and a Yamaha, and was hoping (what with all the bikes I see around town) that someone in the forum here would have a recommendation or two of a mechanic other than dealerships.

Looking for someone to do light work such as valve adjustments, fork springs/seals, full service, etc..

Thanks!

-Bill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2007, 11:41 AM

710 posts, read 2,961,701 times
Hi Bill -

Welcome to Albuquerque, glad to see you excited about the city. I know you'll enjoy living here. I will get with my buddy to see which mechanic he uses, wish I could offer more help at the time.

Old 08-30-2007, 02:18 PM

150 posts, read 792,067 times
I walked though the Yellow Pages, and couldn't find any "independent" mechanics Bill. Either retail dealers, or "specialty" shops only.

Go hang around the Honda dealership at Constitution & Wyoming; and the Yamaha dealer on Juan Tabo, between Comanche & Candelaria, and you'll probably pick up some scuttle-butt about private "tuners" that could save you a few bucks.

Welcome to Albuquerque! There are some great "Sunday Drives" in the area, especially up and down behind the Sandias and Manzanos. Take a Sunday morning drive north on NM14 (the "Turquoise Trail,) and you'll see many bikers on the roads. Can't think of the name, but there is a little restaurant in either Cedar Crest, or Sandia Park where bikers of all description gather on Sunday mornings. (It's on the west side of NM14, and the parking lot will be full!) You might learn a lot from them in a short time. Food's not that bad either! Keep upright! :-)

Old 09-01-2007, 08:18 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,342,524 times
I can't believe there are no independent motorcycle mechs in Albuquerque. I know of one that is attached to a high-performance upgrade car mechanic called "Speedlab" on San Mateo. I think they may specialize in crotchrockets, though.

ABQConvict
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque