Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2007, 08:04 AM

3 posts, read 10,398 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone! Before I begin I want to thank you all for helping out my husband (Olie) with so many of our questions! This has been such a big help to us

I have been searching ABQ/New Mexico want ads, etc. for teaching positions. I have seen very few. I'm curious if the education field in NM is similar to that of NY. Here in NY, you will almost never see teaching jobs posted in the papers...it's a huge "word of mouth" market, and you defenitely need to know someone to get a position in a better school. I will probably not be teaching much longer, but wanted to keep all options open.

I have joined a NM teacher chat message board that really didn't help much. In my search for jobs in the papers, I have also tried to find after school programs and things of that nature. I haven't found anything- I'm probably just not searching correctly...I'm an art teacher which also makes finding a position much harder and I am not bilingual.

Does anyone in ABQ with children know of any art programs, after school services, etc. to research? I would love to be able to focus my research into possible jobs better than I have been

Thank you so much!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2007, 06:32 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,765,227 times
Have you tried to find the website for each school? Did you check the teacher's union (if any)? School board websites? Town websites?

Just a few suggestions.

Old 08-29-2007, 02:48 PM

Talking Thanks for your reply

I appreciate your suggestions! Right now I have been trying to navigate through the New Mexico Public Education website - I should have tried the teacher's union first! Hopefully I will find some information on after school programs there. I will also try to look up individual schools as well. Thanks again.

Old 08-29-2007, 06:26 PM

1,566 posts, read 4,423,203 times
Maybe you should come out for a visit and talk with the folks at Albuquerque Public Schools.

I say this as a retired teacher who had to do some job hunting on occasion.

Old 08-29-2007, 07:18 PM

Default Thanks again

I absolutely plan on doing that! My husband and I spent time in ABQ and Santa Fe this summer, and are planning a return trip in Feb. It would help to know if schools/admin are open to people visiting their schools. As a retired teacher, how do you feel about the school system in NM? I would love to know. Thank you

Old 08-29-2007, 07:25 PM

416 posts, read 1,399,204 times
I saw some job listings on the Rio Rancho school site. Good luck!

Old 08-30-2007, 11:38 AM

9 posts, read 52,401 times
You can also check cabq.gov for a listing of city jobs. The department of Family and Community Services has teaching positions in some of their centers. The city of Albq. has one of the best retirement and benefit packages.
You can also check with the schools systems in Rio Rancho. They have very good ratings. I'm not sure how there benefits and pay compare.

Last edited by cactusmoonband; 08-30-2007 at 11:51 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque