Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2012, 02:44 PM

8 posts, read 38,226 times

Advertisements

We will be moving from Tampa to ABQ this spring/summer. My family is very active outdoors right now, mostly doing triathlons. We are looking to move into the North Albuquerque Acres or Far Northeast Heights areas. However, I want to make sure we have adequate workout facilities for the family. Can anyone tell me 1) if the Tanoan Country Club has updated workout facilities (it looks kind of dated from the outside and we have not toured it yet) and 2) any other facilities that may have indoor lap pools along with workout equipment or classes?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2012, 03:00 PM

1,993 posts, read 4,065,093 times
New Mexico Sports and Wellness- Del Norte | Albuquerque, New Mexico

Old 01-05-2012, 04:15 PM

8 posts, read 38,226 times
Looks great! Thanks.

Old 01-07-2012, 02:46 PM

662 posts, read 1,451,892 times
Default Less expensive alternative

I am also looking for a place to swim laps and do water aerobics. I am going to tour Del Norte next week, but they don't post their prices online and the woman who answered the phone was very hesitant to say how much a membership costs. I hate that attitude! I guess they think if they can lure you in, you will pay any price. She murmured something about the top price for a single membership being 89 dollars a month.

I then found this place online, which also has an indoor lap pool:

Defined Fitness: Welcome to Defined Fitness! (http://www.defined.com/trainerfinder/websites/60178/dfithome/index.html - broken link)

It is called Defined Fitness, and a single membership is between 34-45 dollars a month depending on whether you pay at the desk or have the money taken out of your bank acct. The lowest price is for people who work at certain companies, police officers, teachers, etc.

Old 01-09-2012, 11:01 PM

184 posts, read 805,695 times
other thread to read..

https://www.city-data.com/forum/albuq...embership.html

Old 01-10-2012, 03:09 PM

662 posts, read 1,451,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyszlimit View Post
That was very helpful. I had a feeling Sports and Wellness was very expensive. Just by the way they refused to quote a price. I also belonged to Lifetime Fitness for a while in Dallas. That place was expensive, but very luxurious. Sounds like Sports and Wellness is expensive and just meh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque