Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 10:35 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,027,847 times

Advertisements

I recently bought a car and am wondering what is a great independent auto repair shop to take my car to. I bought a Toyota Previa. I'm looking for a shop where the owners look out for their customers and are straight shooters no bs. You help is appreciated. Thank You.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 10:49 PM

68 posts, read 455,616 times
Toyo Auto Services, 7901 Zuni SE. I have been using them for about 13 years or so, when I had my first Toyota, and then I bought the next car a Toyota so that they would take care of it. I feel blessed to have found honest and competent mechanics.

Old 03-07-2011, 06:51 AM

96 posts, read 289,745 times
Motor Machines on 1st and Candelaria. They worked on my husband's Corolla and my Subaru Outback. Now all of my family takes their cars there. Great shop--honest, reasonable and reliable.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:12 AM

142 posts, read 323,428 times
Affordable Automotive shares a space with Toyomasters at 4709 Hawkins. Affordable Automotive takes great care of my personal trucks, and my all my business vehicles. They do service my Tacoma but have the ability to ask Toyomasters for help. I highly recommend them.

Old 03-11-2011, 06:22 AM

Thank You everyone. I ended up going to Toyomasters. I will pick up the car today.

Old 03-11-2011, 11:02 AM

184 posts, read 804,989 times
Looking to hear your thought after your Toyomaster repairwork !

I am also in need of a place for my Toyoto... Thanks for all the other posters' suggestions as well.

Curious about quality and price and whether there was any 'upselling'...
(not that I am suggesting that there would be at Toyo...)..

Thanks!

Skyzlimit

Old 03-12-2011, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyszlimit View Post
Looking to hear your thought after your Toyomaster repairwork !

I am also in need of a place for my Toyoto... Thanks for all the other posters' suggestions as well.

Curious about quality and price and whether there was any 'upselling'...
(not that I am suggesting that there would be at Toyo...)..

Thanks!

Skyzlimit
I thought that they were elitist mechanics. They told me that I bought a money pit and recommended that I do all the fluids. They did repair a waterpump and recommended a lot of repairs for my car. I did 80% of them. They did good work, but I was disappointed that they didn't fix my oil leak, coolant leak yes, they did make good recommendations. I think that they favor new toyotas. No real upselling. Good work and pride in their work.

A person that I talked to brings their car from Taos to service. Overall I was satisfied, the customer service was ok, not great, I'm trying another place to get the oil change. I think the fact that they use OEM toyota parts inflates the costs. I would say that ToyoMasters is a good dealer alternative.

Old 03-12-2011, 12:16 PM

The other perspective on Toyo Master is maybe they were telling me in an indirect way that some work could be done cheaper at other places. For example Struts and Shocks are cheaper to get installed at Pep Boys, Sears,...etc. I got my oil leak fixed and it was two gaskets. In general I would recommend Toyo Masters.

Old 03-13-2011, 02:04 PM

923 posts, read 2,418,880 times
I found a great Toyota mechanic on Craig's List. He actually fixes most makes & models but specializes in Toyota. I have used him a few times and have recommended friends to him who have all been very pleased with his work and his prices. He can fix your car for usually 1/2 the price of what a dealership charges and he warranties all of his work.

If anyone is interested, send me a PM and I'll give you his info.

Old 03-14-2011, 09:49 PM

A friend of mine also recommended Ethridge Tire Service on San Pedro NE and Montgomery NE. Took my car in to repair an oil leak, they got me in and out in five hours. I was impressed as this place is a mile from my house. Ethridge has been in business since the 70s.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque