Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2013, 10:20 PM

15 posts, read 31,239 times

Advertisements

Ugh.. i'm in a bit of a real estate nightmare.
I moved to ABQ from Pittsburgh in April, currently we live in a rental home... the landlords are CRAZY and extremely difficult. We took this property from roach infested disrepair, to something managable. Though the house requires some basic maintenance as things are falling apart. Currently there is a leak in one of the unused front sprinklers in our yard.... There goes the water, and the landlords know about it.. I don't know how long they are going to let that leak go.. UGH!! Looking for a place we can move into then purchase in 6 months to a year or even two.
Does anyone know whom i could talk to with regards to this situation?
HELP!
Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 11:19 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,773,200 times
There are some references in this thread: New Mexico Landlord Tenant Laws

Old 11-05-2013, 05:02 AM

15 posts, read 31,239 times
Thanks Poncho,
We have managed to get our landlords on the run due to said laws, but the lease is over January 21st, and i don't want to ever talk to them again, just get out of here and move on... Just looking for a place to live.

Old 11-05-2013, 01:04 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,185,180 times
Sounds like you're looking for a FSBO where owner will carry. These aren't impossible to find (you generally have to ask the seller though, as many won't advertise it publicly), and they tend to be fixer-uppers. Places like Craigs tend to be rich in this kind of listing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque