Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2014, 12:06 AM

642 posts, read 1,114,907 times

Advertisements

So it seems like we'll probably get BRT in ABQ, but does anyone know if there's some kind of "Rapid transit master plan"? The only BRT lines I've heard mentioned so far are along Central and another connecting the Sunport to the stadiums and UNM.

I was thinking it would be nice to see an official, metro-wide rapid transit master plan. The closest I think I've seen to this is a Albuquerque Subway Map, and while that wasn't intended to be feasible or taken seriously, I do like the concept and the vision.

I was thinking a comprehensive citywide BRT network could look something like this:

These are mainly arbitrary lines I drew across the map at this point, but I thought it'd be a fun concept to look at.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2014, 11:24 AM

1,043 posts, read 1,455,090 times
The only line being discussed in concrete terms right now would run down Central Avenue from 98th St to Tramway. This line increasingly seems like a foregone conclusion. A second city-led project with a somewhat different group of stakeholders is looking into a second line that would run from the airport along University Avenue past UNM up to Menaul. This route is clearly part of the city's long-term master plan for BRT but seems to be quite a bit less advanced than the Central line. Finally, a third project coordinated by the Middle Rio Grande Council of Governments is investigating a BRT line that would run along Unser, Paseo del Norte, and Jefferson from Southern and Unser to San Mateo and Jefferson. This effort, which for my money is a lot more needed and would be much more useful than the Central project, is also mostly in the conceptual stage at this point.

Home | Albuquerque Rapid Transit
Paseo del Norte Study - www.mrcog-nm.gov
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
View detailed profiles of: