Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 09:10 AM

108 posts, read 271,581 times
NURSEYDUDE said, "AM WONDERING WHERE THE RED AND YELLOW ONES ARE???" That would actually look pretty cool. I don't know if it's PC or not but it would be neat anyway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2008, 11:31 AM

2,625 posts, read 11,221,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by abqsunport View Post
Thank you observe for pointing out the metro populations, I thought about doing it, but the last time me and you brought up those facts, we got attacked by the El Paso posse. Enjoy some rep points.
el paso is always on your mind guys, how cute!

Old 04-07-2008, 11:56 AM

811 posts, read 2,941,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
el paso is always on your mind guys, how cute!
So this bothers you LEVOW......funny coming from one of the El Paso posters, that are most insecure about their city.
That Metro population thing sure bothers you doesn't it?
By the way the gap is widening.

ABQ 835,120 as of july 2007

EP 734,669 as of july 2007

Projected populations in 2020
ABQ 1,062,718

EP 858,779

Metropolitan Area Population Trends Ranking Table

Old 04-07-2008, 12:07 PM

2,625 posts, read 11,221,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by observe View Post
So this bothers you LEVOW......funny coming from one of the El Paso posters, that are most insecure about their city.

ABQ 1,062,718

EP 858,779

It really doesnt, only difference, between you guys and us, is that we dont think about your city on a daily basis, and how can your population not increase, your the only major city in the entire state of new mwxico, hello?

Old 04-07-2008, 01:44 PM

639 posts, read 1,044,459 times
Wink You still cant relinquish the facts!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by observe View Post

ABQ 1,062,718

EP 858,779

You still cant relinquish the facts that you need additional New Mexico counties to make Albuquerque look like a big metropolotian area, while down stream 260 miles South from Albuquerque you have El Paso county (just one county) that still has more than 100,000 more people than Bernanillo county.

Now you want to talk population then how about Juarez Mexico, 2 million plus inhabitants more people than the entire state of New Mexico lives right next door from El Paso, now thats a metropolis one can boast about as far as numbers are concern.

I say lets count everybody regardless of what side of the river they live on after all it's about the human count.

Old 04-07-2008, 02:11 PM

710 posts, read 2,962,779 times
The buying power of all those residents in Juarez, doesn't come close to our nearby neighbors in Santa Fe, and the millions of Tourists visiting both Santa Fe/ABQ. Now while I enjoy EP and wish this bickering would stop, here is my two cents........I'm glad ABQ is not a border town! While EP is important to our country's trade and commerce, the metro (especially including Juarez) is not quite as scenic. This is why EP has gone to planting Palms all over the city, one to beautify the area and the other to promote an upscale resort type image. Now while I think ABQ and NM in general are more scenic, I do prefer the low crime rate of EP (but if you include your metro sister Juarez, it really SKYROCKETS) I don't think any of us are jealous of EP, and likewise I don't think you're jealous of ABQ. The only person who is jealous of all of us, is our friend EnjoyEP!

Old 04-07-2008, 05:07 PM

639 posts, read 1,044,459 times
I have a question for you Albuquerque folks, that jolly green giant building, your Wells Fargo bank was'nt that at one time a hotel when they first built it back in the late 70's I think?

And as for my reply about Juarez spending power, I dont know for the moment since I dont live in El Paso but I always hear people in El Paso complaining about all those Chihuahua license plates cluttering El Paso's streets and taking up all the parking spaces in the cities malls or at the Wal Marts not to mention that they are horrible drivers with no auto insurance at most, but they do have lots of money and they always pay in solid cash.

Now back to your progressive city, yeap you guys have done the right stuff and gotten Albuquerque rolling for the past twenty years and still moving ahead, and yes El Paso beats you with the low crime rates, but Juarez is the homicide capitol of the world and it's gotten really violent, best advice dont go to Juarez theres where the crime is and Juarez is not El Paso.

As for our two cities, I'd like to see UTEP and UNM reinstate their old rivalry, it use to be lots of fun watching them on a regular basis.

Old 04-07-2008, 05:50 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,990,175 times
Default Buildings

Every one always says "why doesn't albuquerque have tall buildings?!"
well its only obvious the soil in the downtown area can only handle so much pressure a building taller than 20 stores can Not be built unless you develope a state of the art foundation. The twin buildings in albuquerque were build with a though foundation but even still those bulidings could go down at any min. Because of the location next to the Rio Grande the soil is like a swamp ..dont ask me why they put downtown there anyways..
but in 2009 two new buildings over 30 stories will be built it just takes time and patience.

Old 04-07-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGH!Lonesome View Post
You still cant relinquish the facts that you need additional New Mexico counties to make Albuquerque look like a big metropolotian area, while down stream 260 miles South from Albuquerque you have El Paso county (just one county) that still has more than 100,000 more people than Bernanillo county.

Now you want to talk population then how about Juarez Mexico, 2 million plus inhabitants more people than the entire state of New Mexico lives right next door from El Paso, now thats a metropolis one can boast about as far as numbers are concern.

I say lets count everybody regardless of what side of the river they live on after all it's about the human count.
Well the simple fact is several major metro areas in the US are multi county!
The US census recognizes it this way.......we just didn't make it up. As for Juarez the US census does not recognize it as part of the El Paso metro area.
Yes those are THE FACTS!!!!!

Old 04-07-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
It really doesnt, only difference, between you guys and us, is that we dont think about your city on a daily basis, and how can your population not increase, your the only major city in the entire state of new mwxico, hello?

If you don't think of Albuquerque on a daily basis, then whats your basis for being here?
Come on, admit it, you love the BEAUTIFUL CITY of ALBUQUERQUE!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque