Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 01:43 PM

1,663 posts, read 3,699,571 times

Advertisements

If anyone is currently looking RSI is hiring.

https://www.ruralsourcing.com/albuquerque/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2015, 01:53 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,060,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkymonkey View Post
If anyone is currently looking RSI is hiring.

https://www.ruralsourcing.com/albuquerque/
Thanks. According to the site. Below is what they are looking for in Albuquerque.

.NET Programmer Analyst
Associate Programmer Analyst
Business Development Manager
Development Center Director
Java Programmer Analyst
LIMS Analyst
Project Manager
Quality Assurance Analyst
Quality Assurance Associate
Sales Engineer
SAP Basis Administrator
Senior .NET Programmer Analyst
Senior Java Programmer Analyst
Senior LIMS Analyst
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst

Old 12-03-2015, 12:00 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,507,645 times
I remember when General Mills opened. People waited outside all night to apply for a job paying $11.00/hour.

Old 12-03-2015, 12:14 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,181,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Cabeza View Post
I remember when General Mills opened. People waited outside all night to apply for a job paying $11.00/hour.
According to the consumer price index, $11/hr in 1990 would go as far as $20/hr today.

Few people, as a percentage, are software engineers. General Mills needed (mostly) relatively unskilled people who liked the idea of working in a big company's cereal factory, which, it turns out, Albuquerque had quite a few of in 1990 (and still does today).

Not sure how "I remember when" applies here. People who write code for a living don't have to line up for a chance at work; they're beating off recruiters with a stick.

Old 12-03-2015, 01:00 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,060,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
According to the consumer price index, $11/hr in 1990 would go as far as $20/hr today.

Few people, as a percentage, are software engineers. General Mills needed (mostly) relatively unskilled people who liked the idea of working in a big company's cereal factory, which, it turns out, Albuquerque had quite a few of in 1990 (and still does today).

Not sure how "I remember when" applies here. People who write code for a living don't have to line up for a chance at work; they're beating off recruiters with a stick.
Very good industry to be in. I get at least 4 emails a month, most months more, recruiters contacting me simply by looking at my linkedin profile.

Old 12-29-2015, 08:08 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,507,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NMHacker View Post
Very good industry to be in. I get at least 4 emails a month, most months more, recruiters contacting me simply by looking at my linkedin profile.
Hacker, do the companies you worked for ever hire people who are not, for lack of better words, hard core techies? Reason I ask I sent a message to Rural and they asked for a resume. I have an MLS degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque