Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 01:37 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,342,524 times

Advertisements

Ahhh, Now thats the Nob Hill I know and love. Thanks for the pics, mortimer.

ABQConvict

P.S. Mixing up Mexican colonial and New Mexican Spanish colonial/pueblo is like confusing a Federal with a Georgian. Some people!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 02:13 PM

1 posts, read 3,942 times
Default Nob Hill Area??

I have the opportunity to move to a house off of Washington between Lomas and Central. Can anyone provide information on what this area is like? I have heard a lot about Nob Hill. Is this considered Nob Hill? How much to the houses cost in this area? Any insight is appreciated.

Old 06-25-2008, 03:10 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,342,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXAnd View Post
I have the opportunity to move to a house off of Washington between Lomas and Central.

Cool neighborhood for the most part and very convenient.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXAnd View Post
Can anyone provide information on what this area is like? I have heard a lot about Nob Hill. Is this considered Nob Hill?
I'm not sure if north of Central is considered Nob Hill. It might be Highland Heights. Regardless, it is very convenient to Nob Hill. The houses in this area are mostly around 50 - 70 years old with Pueblo and related architectural styles. Very similar in character to Nob Hill proper. There are some '50s style houses peppered in here and there as well.

ABQConvict

Old 06-25-2008, 03:11 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,078,168 times
TXAnd wonders ...

> ... if a house off of Washington between Lomas and Central ...Is ... considered Nob Hill?

I don't consider it Nob Hill, but Nob Hill sort of fades into Greater Albuquerque without a distinct cut-off.

It is mere blocks away from what I would consider Nob Hill.

Others will probably post here that it *is* Nob Hill, so it's close enough.

Let's call it "Near-Nob-Hill" shall we?

I used to live off Washington 1 block N of Central on Grand. It's a great place. Families walk around the streets in the evening.

You can walk to UNM and Nob Hill shopping and dining easily.
You have access to the bus lines on Central.

You can eat at Hurricane's Drive In on Lomas and Washington and Los Cuates on Lomas & Monroe and Wecks on San Mateo and Lomas. <salivating>

Old 06-25-2008, 03:15 PM

127 posts, read 555,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
You can eat at Hurricane's Drive In on Lomas and Washington<salivating>
OMG! Hurricane's Whole Burrito! I should have picked on up this weekend.

Old 06-29-2008, 12:25 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,990,711 times
I used to live on Morningside - close to Washington and Central. Very cool neighborhood that has really improved.

I loved being close to Nob Hill and walking home after a night at Gecko's.

In my opinion anywhere east of San Mateo is still kind of sketchy....

Old 06-29-2008, 12:29 PM

kharing said:

> In my opinion anywhere east of San Mateo is still kind of sketchy ....

Anywhere East of Tramway is also East of San Mateo.
That statement lops off pretty much half of the NE Heights including the 87122 zip code which is about the 2nd most expensive zip code in New Mexico.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:13 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,990,711 times
That zip code is expensive for a reason...it is no where near the area of Central/Washington that I mentioned in my post. It's is higher up Tramway.

Do you even know Albuquerque?

Old 07-07-2008, 06:34 AM

473 posts, read 1,245,302 times
Nob Hill is an area that for whatever reason my wife and I wrote off. The more I think about the proximity to UNM and to downtown ABQ (probably where I'll work) perhaps it's worth a look. I thought some of you said it was pricey. Ok, so here is what I need. I need parameters to stay in that has affordable neighborhoods (affordable as in $200k or less) and not sketchy in terms of crime. If you could give me 4 streets that make up a quadrant to try to stay in I'd appreciate it.

Old 07-07-2008, 08:46 AM

kharing stated, in an impolite way:

> Do you even know Albuquerque?

If you bothered to read anything I've posted in this forum, you wouldn't have asked that question.
Since you haven't (read), you did (question). Now, you've made me cross.

> That zip code is expensive for a reason...it is no where near the area of
> Central/Washington that I mentioned in my post. It's is higher up Tramway.

I also quote here -- from YOU:

"In my opinion anywhere east of San Mateo is still kind of sketchy...."

If you bothered to check the map, the zip code I mentioned is clearly EAST of San Mateo.
You are the one who brought it up, not me.

Hint: East is ANYTHING that is not WEST of something.
Hint: East is the opposite of West.

You said: "east of San Mateo is still kind of sketchy"

That means anything around Eubank "is still kind of sketchy"

Hint: Eubank is East of San Mateo.

There are lots of fine and comfortable neighborhoods between San Mateo and San Pedro North
of Centeral and continuing all the way up to where San Mateo bends West to become Osuna.

Hint: When you are looking East (ie. "east of San Mateo") North is to your left.

Do you even know Albuquerque?

Last edited by mortimer; 07-07-2008 at 08:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque