Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2019, 02:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,444 times

Advertisements

Hello my name is Janette i been looking for a place and ever where i go no ones want to get me because of my past i am to the point of giving up and i dont know what to do have the money to put down but the only thing holding me down is the felony i have on my record in 2008 i need something ASAP please can someone help me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2019, 03:10 PM

23,261 posts, read 18,777,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janettejj50 View Post
Hello my name is Janette i been looking for a place and ever where i go no ones want to get me because of my past i am to the point of giving up and i dont know what to do have the money to put down but the only thing holding me down is the felony i have on my record in 2008 i need something ASAP please can someone help me
You may get most useful ideas if you post your question under the forum for your state, or under the Real Estate/Renting forum. Those members posting about your state of residence may have LOCAL suggestions. The Renting forum members may have suggestions for how to deal with your past history.

Oh, and BTW, you need to write your question out a little more carefully. Not using punctuation made your OP very hard to read. Many people won't even bother to try. Good luck!

Old 04-22-2019, 10:00 PM

1,146 posts, read 1,400,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janettejj50 View Post
Are you sure that's the ONLY thing "holding you down"? Perhaps it could also be your lack of being able to communicate clearly with the English language and/or other problems.

By the way, have you heard of the song "Albuquerque" by Weird Al Yankovic? Good song! Check it out if you get a chance...

https://youtu.be/JE37e1eK2mY

Old 04-23-2019, 12:56 PM

548 posts, read 1,216,991 times
You should post this in the Albuquerque forum. You can also search the Albuquerque forum -- there have been posts related to yours in the recent past that should give you a good place to start.

Old 04-23-2019, 03:50 PM

25 posts, read 22,446 times
This website has some general suggestions: https://helpforfelons.org/felon-frie...nts-housing-1/ They mention Craigslist, which a family member of mine had some luck with (in Florida, not NM). I hope things work out for you!

Old 08-05-2019, 05:59 PM

292 posts, read 725,118 times
In NM whether your considered a "violent" or "non violent" felon makes a huge difference regarding your eligibility to be a renter. If your 'non violent' then you cannot be turned away due to that alone. I suggest you determine where you stand on that and go from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque