Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2021, 01:16 PM

3,285 posts, read 2,661,120 times

Advertisements

Passing through ALB next month and staying the evening. Any particular parts of town to steer clear of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2021, 01:52 PM

3,661 posts, read 2,940,207 times
Err, any chain inns and hotels such as Holiday Inn, Sheraton, are not located in hoods where you are scared to get out of the car at night.

I suggest Hotel Circle area or the airport area.

Old 05-01-2021, 11:12 AM

3,285 posts, read 2,661,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87112 View Post
Err, any chain inns and hotels such as Holiday Inn, Sheraton, are not located in hoods where you are scared to get out of the car at night.

I suggest Hotel Circle area or the airport area.
I'm not so much "scared to get out of my car" as not wanting to be kept up at night by screaming drunks, police cars, etc. And it would be nice to not have to have any special worries about coming out in the morning to find the car gone. It'll be a rental, but still a headache

Old 05-01-2021, 01:15 PM

7 posts, read 10,024 times
What Priceline calls the Albuquerque North, and Uptown would be my suggestions, by airport ok. I would avoid the Hotel Circle by Eubank & Lomas and the midtown Menaul/University area the latter which has gone very downhill.

Old 05-02-2021, 06:12 PM

192 posts, read 256,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnojr View Post
I'm not so much "scared to get out of my car" as not wanting to be kept up at night by screaming drunks, police cars, etc. And it would be nice to not have to have any special worries about coming out in the morning to find the car gone. It'll be a rental, but still a headache
My rule of thumb about Albuquerque is the further north you go, the safer it is. Not too say that there aren't nice, safe places in the southern part of the city, but overall if you're just driving through look to stay north of I-40.
66Blue gave some good advice. The area around Menaul and University has become crime ridden.

Old 05-02-2021, 10:01 PM

1,321 posts, read 2,028,632 times
You didn't tell us what direction you were traveling in?

Old 05-05-2021, 11:06 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,342,524 times
If on a budget, stay in a major hotel chain that costs over $50-75/night.

Avoid "Mom n Pop" motels along Central Ave. as many of them are used by homeless or drug addicts and prostitutes. If the cost seems too good to be true, it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobR73 View Post
My rule of thumb about Albuquerque is the further north you go, the safer it is. Not too say that there aren't nice, safe places in the southern part of the city, but overall if you're just driving through look to stay north of I-40.
66Blue gave some good advice. The area around Menaul and University has become crime ridden.
I would argue that most of the finest hotels in the city are in the southern half of the city. It just happens that most of the no-tell/drug addict hotels are down there too.

Hotel Andaluz, Parq Central, Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, are all on, or right off, Central Avenie.

Old 05-05-2021, 09:07 PM

192 posts, read 256,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
If on a budget, stay in a major hotel chain that costs over $50-75/night.

Avoid "Mom n Pop" motels along Central Ave. as many of them are used by homeless or drug addicts and prostitutes. If the cost seems too good to be true, it is.

I would argue that most of the finest hotels in the city are in the southern half of the city. It just happens that most of the no-tell/drug addict hotels are down there too.

Hotel Andaluz, Parq Central, Hotel Albuquerque at Old Town, are all on, or right off, Central Avenie.
That's why I mentioned some of the best hotels were in the southern part of the city. For someone just traveling through I doubt they would stay at a Hotel Andaluz, that's why I mentioned it would be safer for a quick stop to go more in a northern direction, or even further westward on I-40 towards Old Town. A lot of my out of state clients have raved about doing a Airbnb around Old Town.

Old 05-10-2021, 10:51 AM

1,899 posts, read 3,507,645 times
Exit in Old Town and stay at the Best Western there. About $100 and very nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque