Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2021, 04:33 PM

104 posts, read 106,757 times

Advertisements

Is Albuquerque serviced well throughout the Metro Area? Also, how about up North e.g. Santa Fe, and Taos? I'm planning a trip out there this Fall (October). I envision myself getting stuck somewhere up North with no cell service. Maybe I should look at Satellite Phones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2021, 06:59 PM

192 posts, read 256,763 times
I use Tmobile as my carrier and I've never had problems in any of the cities you've mentioned. The only place I can remember not having service is when I fish at Fenton Lake up in the Jemez mountains. I've never heard of anyone needing a satellite phone unless you're really going off the grid.

Enjoy your trip, October is one of the best months to visit the "Land of Enchantment".

Old 07-23-2021, 11:53 AM

Thank you for your info. I plan on staying in the Duke City Metro Area but taking side trips up North to Santa Fe, Taos, and a side trip to Lincoln County, not on the same day of course. There is a scenic railway trip that I would also like to take that is supposed to take you a bit North of the Colorado Line. Would love to make a trip to Rosewell, and Carlsbad Taverms but time won't allow it. New Mexico is bigger geographically than I thought once I started planning my trip.

Old 07-25-2021, 12:31 AM

21 posts, read 22,488 times
I'm on the Verizon network through Xfinity. No problems whatsoever.

Old 07-27-2021, 06:22 PM

Thanks to both of you for your positive replies...

Old 07-27-2021, 09:05 PM

The only other somewhat social media site I use is nextdoor and this topic comes up frequently. As long as you're on a provider from Tmobile or verizon you should be good throughout much of the state. Like GeneralTso mentioned getting a provider through comcast(xfinity) seems to be a route many are going and saving money.

Unrelated but Amazon just put out a hiring blitz for our facility that should open early fall.....I'm not sure how that would translate to OTR drivers but I'd look into it if you want to be based out of Albuquerque.

Old 07-28-2021, 09:46 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,802,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobR73 View Post
The only other somewhat social media site I use is nextdoor and this topic comes up frequently. As long as you're on a provider from Tmobile or verizon you should be good throughout much of the state. Like GeneralTso mentioned getting a provider through comcast(xfinity) seems to be a route many are going and saving money.

Unrelated but Amazon just put out a hiring blitz for our facility that should open early fall.....I'm not sure how that would translate to OTR drivers but I'd look into it if you want to be based out of Albuquerque.
Cell service in Placitas can be sketchy, at best. We have no usable signal at our house, but I get a good signal when on our roof.

Old 07-28-2021, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
Cell service in Placitas can be sketchy, at best. We have no usable signal at our house, but I get a good signal when on our roof.
Who do you use as your provider? I've hiked in Placitas a few times and didn't have problems with Tmobile.

Old 07-28-2021, 03:17 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,802,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobR73 View Post
Who do you use as your provider? I've hiked in Placitas a few times and didn't have problems with Tmobile.
Verizon. If one is near 165 or I-25, or looking down on either of them, then there is service. I'm a couple miles from each and no one near our house gets any cell service. I wasn't joking about being on the roof, and have walked or driven a mile or so to the edge of the mesa where one can see the tower along I-25 to call Century Link when the land line went out.

All the contractors who come out here, plumbers, exterminators, electricians, even Century Link, have problems getting service.

Old 07-28-2021, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiminnm View Post
Verizon. If one is near 165 or I-25, or looking down on either of them, then there is service. I'm a couple miles from each and no one near our house gets any cell service. I wasn't joking about being on the roof, and have walked or driven a mile or so to the edge of the mesa where one can see the tower along I-25 to call Century Link when the land line went out.

All the contractors who come out here, plumbers, exterminators, electricians, even Century Link, have problems getting service.
I never had problems off of 550 east of I25 when I would hike there but I more than likely only used my phone at the base before we hiked up in the distance.

Sorry too hear about your spotty service but I guess that's the tradeoff of living in a beautiful place like Placitas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque