Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2022, 01:27 PM

511 posts, read 625,437 times

Advertisements

Hello those in-the-know about Placitas HOA water co-ops.

We are looking to buy in one of the Placitas HOA communities along I-25 and 165 in the square area formed from about Sundance Mesa north to east as far as Placitas Ranchettes and then south to Ranchos de Placitas then west to the southwest corner where I-25 and 165 meet. We want our water to come from a community well service/co-op and not have an individual or shared well.

Of those communities within this region, are you familiar with any of the communities that have water co-ops? So far, it appears Homesteads is on individual wells, but I don't know about the other Placitas HOA communities. I'm looking into it, but if you know specifically, you'd really help me out, give me a headstart.

Thanks so much! ~A
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2022, 04:46 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,804,405 times
This is from memory, so ... LaMesa, Sundance Mesa, Placitas Trails, Vista de Oro and Anasazi Trails have water coops. Maybe Desert Sky, Petroglyphs, Ranchos and Tierra Madre (not sure on those 4). Places closer and into the village are on wells, some individual and some shared.

Most of the water coops and HOAs have web pages, so you can check those. Water is not cheap here, as we pay $75-80/month to the LaMesa Coop because they are building a water treatment system and building on one of the wells.

Old 05-10-2022, 04:56 PM

658 posts, read 1,336,229 times
In addition to those mentioned by jiminnm, fairly sure Vista Montana, Ranchos de Placitas & The Overlook also have community water systems.

Old 05-13-2022, 11:20 AM

Thank you jiminnm and trailtramp!

I've copied and printed out your replies. I have gone to a few of the HOA websites I mentioned, but so far only Ranchos de Plactias's makes it easy to find the water co-op. I haven't done my due diligence yet, and I'm sure I"ll find the appropriate avenue for finding out specifics of each HOA of interest. I greatly appreciate your replies as you've made my job a lot easier.

Also, it's good to know the price of water, so we can budget that into our monthly expenses. When I told my husband about the prices, he figured the high end for the year, and then calculated the price of a pump that has a lifespan of about 10 years, and then what we paid for our 150 ft deep well pump replacement and said the water would pay for itself in 10 years, and that was for a 150 ft well compared to the 550 ft well that is more typical in NM (that shared well's depth of the house we were considering). He said it's a great deal! He worries A LOT about stuff like that, so for him, he's grateful to write that check every month!

We have time, however, given many of the prices we're seeing are outlandish and we expect-hope they return to a more realistic level. We're almost now for sure going to go into a year rental lease to wait for prices to normalize. We expect the prices to normalize higher than they were, but not at the level they are currently.

Last edited by Algiz; 05-13-2022 at 11:29 AM..

Old 05-13-2022, 05:55 PM

4,865 posts, read 4,804,405 times
La Mesa Water Coop serves both La Mesa and Sundance Mesa subdivisions. Their web site has links to each sub and a lot of good info.

https://www.lamesawatercoop.org/

This is the Tierra Madre HOA, with links to other HOAs. Two bad links - The Vista de Oro link should be vdohoa.com. The Placitas Trails HOA should be placitastrailshoa.com. I think every hoa in those links has a water coop.

https://www.tierramadredeplacitashoa.../Helpful-Links

Old 05-16-2022, 02:39 AM

Much appreciated, jiminnm~ I've added this info to the page I made earlier with the info from this thread. I'll let you know how it goes, as it goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
View detailed profiles of: