Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2023, 06:42 PM

2,041 posts, read 990,078 times

Advertisements

Exercise caution if taking the tram up during winter. About ten years ago a young woman slipped on an icy patch along one of the trails at the top and fell 300 feet to her death. Very sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2023, 09:41 AM

4,858 posts, read 4,794,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymind View Post
Exercise caution if taking the tram up during winter. About ten years ago a young woman slipped on an icy patch along one of the trails at the top and fell 300 feet to her death. Very sad.

It was announced a few days ago that the tram would be closed from January 9, 2024 through mid-March.

Old 02-20-2024, 12:04 PM

55 posts, read 17,682 times
Whenever I'm in town, I always stay at the Monterey Motel on Central. It's a renovated Route 66 motel owned and operated by the same people who run El Vado down the street. Reasonable rates, AAA discount, nicely appointed rooms, cool outdoor pool, neon lights everywhere. It also has a nice bar. And you'll be staying in a piece of Route 66 history. You can walk to many restaurants.

PS I would post photos, but it appears I'm restricted on ability to post attachments. Is that because I'm new here?

Last edited by comfortably_numb; 02-20-2024 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: adding info

Old 02-22-2024, 09:39 AM

1,796 posts, read 2,227,120 times
I'd stay at the Hotel Andaluz downtown off of Central. A great launch pad for getting a feel of the city. So much history in that old cool building, one of Conrad Hilton's original Hilton Hotels (he's from New Mexico), old 1930's WPA murals on the walls indoors, a beautiful restored lobby and relaxing casbah seating, terrific food, a great rooftop bar with tapas menu. My recommendation for anyone coming to ABQ for a first or second time trying to get a sense of the place.
I've gone there just for dinner and to see terrific bands on Saturday night as well.
A hidden gem is the Conrad Hilton Reading Room, tucked away near the back. A great library. Get a drink from the bar, and go in there and just RELAX! I've even had a waitress bring me appetizers in there while I checked out their hundreds of books with comfy couches etc. My favorite room in NM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque