Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2009, 01:21 PM

39 posts, read 65,770 times

Advertisements

I like ABQ, but I have to say that the ABQ parks are just so small and dusty. They feel like the empty construction lots in Vegas. You can't tell me the climate can't support a handful of pine trees, even if they have to be irrigated with "grey" waste water.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:17 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,095,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighRules View Post
I like ABQ, but I have to say that the ABQ parks are just so small and dusty. They feel like the empty construction lots in Vegas. You can't tell me the climate can't support a handful of pine trees, even if they have to be irrigated with "grey" waste water.
One of the first impressions that I had of Albuquerque was the
quantity and high quality of the parks interspersed in the
various neighborhoods.

Many people have the impression that Albuquerque in general is dry and dusty.

I consider it un-humid and comfortable.

Lots of parks have lush Cottonwoods and Ponderosa Pine trees.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:41 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,918,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRose View Post
Raleighrules just needs to stay in Raleigh. His comments are mostly negative and he sends nasty personal emails.

hit it on back to whatever bush you crawled out from and hopefully its not in one of our ABQ beautiful parks.
Don't know about the personal Emails, but agree about his attitude. Why does he even want to reside in ABQ with that attitude?

Nita

Old 06-10-2009, 12:03 PM

39 posts, read 65,770 times
These photos look doctored. All I know is, ABQ is brown and dusyt most the time, though people are nice.

Old 06-10-2009, 12:48 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,739,039 times
Quote:
These photos look doctored. All I know is, ABQ is brown and dusyt most the time, though people are nice.
If you are actually in ABQ, you really need to get out more.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:14 PM

3,061 posts, read 8,372,083 times
Quote:
They don't look doctored to me, but then I do get and about in ABQ.
Perhaps Florida might be better for you.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
However, what Albuquerque lacks is a large, central park. ... Tingley beach may fill that niche but I have yet to check it out.
I think of the whole river bosque as a large "Central" park.

I also think of Ellena Gallegos as a large "NotCentral" park.

Quote:
These photos look doctored.
That's often the impression people get from the vivid color contrasts that you see in the desert.

Pictures of the sunsets that happen practically daily during monsoon season look "doctored."
So will a picture of the Sandias when it is glowing a burgundy color at sunset.

That's just the way it is.

BTW, Albuquerque has a Hang Glider Park.

Old 06-10-2009, 03:27 PM

361 posts, read 1,093,340 times
Quote:

Trust me - I lived there for many years. These pictures aren't doctored.

You must not live there, and you may have seen the parks in ABQ during the winter when everything was dormant.

Old 06-10-2009, 07:33 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,995,759 times
Quote:
Have you been to all our parks? Probably not. Judging a few parks wouldnt do much the parks near where I live are top notch parks.

Old 06-11-2009, 07:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
Not sure why this poster is getting such serious attention, ...
I prefer to think of it as this TOPIC is getting attention.

As a child, going to city parks and playing was of huge importance to me.

As an adult who walks and rides a bike, having these pleasant green spaces continues to be of huge importance to me.

This is the Albuquerque/New Mexico forum so I won't rat-hole this TOPIC with discussions about our National Parks. Boy! could I friggin' do that.

I'm glad that RaleighRules started this thread and that parks are also important to them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque