Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2009, 10:00 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,836,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
Most of those inhabitants live very close to the border, and would not use the Chihuahua city airport.
That was not the question.
The question was "I mean, who really cares about Chihuahua?"

My answer was "Perhaps the 3.2 million inhabitants of the state?"

As far as why the flights started: "HOUSTON--AeroMexico, the global airline of Latin America, and the New Mexico Economic Development Department announced today that air service between Mexico and New Mexico will become a reality February 9." It was a joint venture. ' "Frank Galan, Vice President, U.S. Division, AeroMexico, said, “AeroMexico sees a real need for this service between Albuquerque and Chihuahua because it will expand opportunities for growing international business and tourism. We appreciate the support shown by Governor Richardson and other officials in New Mexico and Chihuahua who helped this route take off.” ' AeroMexico Introduces Service between Albuquerque and Chihuahua - City of Albuquerque (http://www.cabq.gov/airport/news/albuquerque-and-chihuahua-city-mexico-on-february-9/ - broken link)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
As far as airports go, ours could grow.
Why isn't Albuquerque on its way to becoming an airport hub?
Looks like only 27 US States have Airport hubs. I would say Albuquerque just does not have what it takes...
List of hub airports - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
-
-
-
-
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2009, 12:58 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,194,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poncho_NM View Post
That was not the question.
The question was "I mean, who really cares about Chihuahua?"

My answer was "Perhaps the 3.2 million inhabitants of the state?"
Due to a problem with naming states and cities after each other, I believe the original question was about the city, and the answer was about the state. I try to avoid this by adding "city" or "state" afterward when it makes a difference.

Old 12-30-2009, 02:41 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,836,270 times
"I mean, who really cares about" is enough negativity for me. Regardless of the intent or confusion.

End of discussion.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:53 PM

90 posts, read 251,397 times
there are 3 million people in the state of Chihuahua. 2 million live in Quarez which has an airport that no one uses. So population has nothing to do with it, no one cares about Chihuahua not even Mexico its self. The government sent troops and money to fight the drug war in quarez and sent nothing to the city of Chihuahua where the war is 2x as bad that's a fact. when it comes to tourism ppl much rather go to Cancun or Mexico City if Aero-Mexico were to bring fights from mexico city and other tourist destinations im sure there would be traffic.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
View detailed profiles of: