Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2011, 12:17 PM

581 posts, read 1,173,941 times

Advertisements

I dont understand how you can call chipotle bland. In my experience it is anything but. Same goes for 5 guys, I've met very few people who dont like their burgers and fries.

I get that a lot of people automatically think chain=bad, and sometimes they are right, but these are definitely two of the better ones.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2011, 02:49 PM

28 posts, read 53,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ay jayy View Post
I dont understand how you can call chipotle bland.
It's New Mexico. No green chile? Mouth not on fire? Bland.

Old 06-11-2011, 07:47 PM

1,322 posts, read 2,036,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEABttn View Post
NM isn't the center of the Universe!

Old 06-12-2011, 08:43 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,194,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FLEABttn View Post
That's just it. A couple of Chipotle's sauces regularly induce calls to the fire department in my mouth.

While you can be unwelcoming to Chipotle or dislike not having traditional NM staples on their non-NM menus, to assert their food is bland sounds like a lack of relevant experience to me.

Five Guys may be missing out by not offering GC on their burgers, but not everybody absolutely has to have GC with every meal. GC does not go well with most Chinese food or Greek food I've tried.

Quote:
NM isn't the center of the Universe!
That fact doesn't upset people near as much as realizing they themselves aren't the center of the universe.

Old 06-12-2011, 03:09 PM

28 posts, read 53,960 times
I think the three of us all actually agree with each other but we're saying it in ways that make it seem like we don't (I like 5 Guys and Chipotle). I was speaking facetiously as more times than I can remember I've heard someone say how much they dislike a particular restaurant because they didn't have their condiment of choice and that was somehow a deal-breaker. I saw a ~50 year old man screaming at a cashier in Jack In the Box the week it opened "What do you mean you don't have green chile? DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE?!?!"

Old 06-12-2011, 10:23 PM

121 posts, read 299,750 times
I dont give a darn about having green chile on anything. Ive ate green chile twice in the past year so its no big deal, and im a native New Mexican. Yes, I think Chipotle is bland, not because it lacks gc but because its plain tasting.

Old 06-16-2011, 04:10 PM

51 posts, read 105,248 times
In-n-Out Burger caused a feeding frenzy here in Dallas when they opened recently. Haven't tried it yet, but will when things die down to see what all the excitement is about. My husband has spent time in California and is familiar with them and he says they're good, but not THAT good...would have to be way better before he'd wait in a long line to have one! Been to 5 Guys Burgers n Fries in Frisco (suburb north of Dallas) and was not impressed. Our fingers kept poking through the buns because they (the buns) were dry and shredded apart. Our favorite lately is Mooyah Burger, but not sure if Albuq has one or will get one anytime soon. I used to like Lotta Burger in Albuq, especially with green chile. Are they still there?

Old 06-16-2011, 04:17 PM

372 posts, read 712,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX>NM View Post
In-n-Out Burger caused a feeding frenzy here in Dallas when they opened recently. Haven't tried it yet, but will when things die down to see what all the excitement is about. My husband has spent time in California and is familiar with them and he says they're good, but not THAT good...would have to be way better before he'd wait in a long line to have one! Been to 5 Guys Burgers n Fries in Frisco (suburb north of Dallas) and was not impressed. Our fingers kept poking through the buns because they (the buns) were dry and shredded apart. Our favorite lately is Mooyah Burger, but not sure if Albuq has one or will get one anytime soon. I used to like Lotta Burger in Albuq, especially with green chile. Are they still there?
I wish In-N-Out hadn't skipped over ABQ, I miss the burgers. Lotta Burger is still here.

Old 06-16-2011, 06:22 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,836,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX>NM View Post
I used to like Lotta Burger in Albuq, especially with green chile. Are they still there?
Yep we still have over 70 all over New Mexico. Blake Chanslor who founded the Blake's Lotaburger chain passed away about two years ago... There is new ownership.

Rich

Old 07-17-2011, 11:30 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,836,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbar49 View Post
I saw that they put up the 5 Guys signs up near the new Movie Theatre in Rio Rancho. Anyone know what else will be opened in the near future?
Met one of the owners, That "Five Guys Burgers And Fries" will be open tommorrow.

Five Guys Burgers And Fries
Unser Road and Southern Blvd, Rio Rancho, NM 87124
Tel: 505-896-9700

This picture was taken today:

Rich

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 07-18-2011 at 07:57 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque