Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: People who have had T-mobile AND another plan?
Prefer T-Mobile Vs Other plan 4 36.36%
Prefer At&t 1 9.09%
Prefer Verizon 2 18.18%
Prefer Sprint 2 18.18%
Prefer pre-paid plans 1 9.09%
T-Mobile is good enough compared to other plans, in general 2 18.18%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2010, 01:03 PM

1,369 posts, read 715,405 times

Advertisements

I am considering a switch to T-mobile, but my wife wants to be sure that the quality is good before we switch from At&t. I will be getting a 3G phone with a data plan (although I anticipate mostly using it just as a phone).

I live in the Nob Hill area so I don't anticipate a problem there. However, what about the rest of the region. Is call quality particularly bad anywhere? Is it acceptable? I have heard bad things about Sprint nationwide, and feel like Verizon and At&t are definitely adequate in most places.

People who have or used to have T-mobile?

Thanks!

Last edited by Arcos; 04-08-2010 at 01:25 PM.. Reason: grammer
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2010, 02:52 PM

366 posts, read 869,609 times
Might want to browse this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/albuq...reception.html

Your Albuquerque coverage should be fine as well as anywhere on the interstate. After that its up in the air depending on where you go. Are there other areas of the state where you go often and will need good coverage?

I will say that I when I had T-mobile and my wife had Verizon, I was amazed at some of the places she could still get coverage.

Old 04-08-2010, 04:19 PM

1,633 posts, read 3,743,753 times
I have T-Mobile and I HATE IT!!!! I wish I had never switched from Verizon. Those damn gimicky phones!

I have been through a handful of different phones and I still constantly drop calls, my current Nokia 6500s which I imported from England seems to be the best though. I even pay extra for the from home wireless connection and I still get dropped calls.

I'm counting the days until I can switch back to Verizon.

Old 04-08-2010, 10:50 PM

Thanks, I did read the other thread prior to posting, and it is a similar question, but I suppose that I am trying to get T-mobile specific responses, since they have the cheaper plan.
I am new to the area so I don't have much idea of where I will need to be over the next few years. Right now it's pretty much ABQ only.
Berncohomes seems a pretty strong vote against T-mobile! Thanks, I will consider that long and hard before I decide to switch.

Old 04-08-2010, 11:00 PM

186 posts, read 640,272 times
I've had T-mobile since about 2003. I have no real problems with them. Their service is really good in ABQ. On the freewarys the service is good too. The only places that I believe T-mobile really lacks when compared to Verizon and AT&T is when you go to isolated areas, be it in New Mexico or Montana (there last summer). But, I rarely go to the 'sticks'. Plus, the price difference lead me to T-Mobile. I don't get dropped calls (have had various Blackberries as well as a Razr when they first came out). All have suited me fine.

The only place in ABQ that my signal is hit-and-miss is inside The Pit. Dunno if it's because it is underground or what.

I recommend T-Mobile. I am happy with it. Customer service has always been great to me. Price is really reasonable and coverage suits me fine. The 3G data in ABQ works well, too.

Hope that helps.

Old 04-09-2010, 12:54 AM

811 posts, read 2,941,744 times
T-mobile is just as good in the ABQ Metro as Verizon or AT&T. They all have their dead spots, however for the price you can't beat it. Verizon will nickle & dime you to death so be careful.

Old 04-09-2010, 09:48 AM

366 posts, read 869,609 times
If you want personal experience I use to have some weak spots about 3 years ago on T-Mobile, where I would get dropped calls every now and then in specific areas I frequented. Since then I think the only place I have dropped a call in Albuquerque is in some underground parking garages.

And IMO, no one beats their customer service.

My only complaint is I wish they had a little more range in the mountains, I lose signal about half a mile from some property I frequent south of Cedro.

Old 04-10-2010, 01:07 PM

548 posts, read 1,218,069 times
I have T-mobile and I have never had problems here. I have heard that AT&T is horrible here and that T-mobile is a step up but I have never had AT&T so I can't speak from personal experience.

Old 04-11-2010, 07:25 PM

7,327 posts, read 12,348,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albuquerque101 View Post
I have T-mobile and I have never had problems here. I have heard that AT&T is horrible here and that T-mobile is a step up but I have never had AT&T so I can't speak from personal experience.
I'm pretty happy with AT&T. I have always heard Sprint is the one to avoid in ABQ.

Old 04-12-2010, 11:33 PM

Well, thanks to all posters. I am going to go for the T-mobile plan, I think. Costs less, lets hope that it delivers similar/better value!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Albuquerque