Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2012, 01:06 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times

Advertisements

Talking from a health standpoint, not tolerance standpoint.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2012, 01:33 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I don't think you are a social drinker by your own definition.
Any time you have more than a couple?
Well, that implies you have a couple outside of social situations.
If you are a guy, that should be your max. If you are a woman, two drinks is too much for regular drinking.

No. I like my Glenlivet on the rocks in the evening. Actually, I am much LESS likely to drink when I am out 'socializing.'
Amazing how we all differ. Like you, I drink less when I am out socializing; I might have a glass of wine before dinner or a martini in a restaurant, maybe even 2. We go to some activities where there isn't a liqour or a glass of wine before dinner, but at home, in the last afternoon toward dinner time, I am always drinking a glass of wine, red except during the summer months. I will a have a couple of glasses before dinner and usually one with dinner. Ok, that might be too much as you see it, but at 75 plus years old, I am going to pretty much do what I want anyway...

Old 11-01-2012, 08:22 AM

17,535 posts, read 39,141,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Amazing how we all differ. Like you, I drink less when I am out socializing; I might have a glass of wine before dinner or a martini in a restaurant, maybe even 2. We go to some activities where there isn't a liqour or a glass of wine before dinner, but at home, in the last afternoon toward dinner time, I am always drinking a glass of wine, red except during the summer months. I will a have a couple of glasses before dinner and usually one with dinner. Ok, that might be too much as you see it, but at 75 plus years old, I am going to pretty much do what I want anyway...
You GO, girl! And I am of the same mindset as you!

Old 11-01-2012, 03:21 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
I am of the mindset that once you hit a certain age or terminal illness, you can snort lines of cocaine for all I care. Just go have fun.

Old 11-01-2012, 08:58 PM

1,419 posts, read 2,455,630 times
For the most part I'm a social drinker, but every now and then I enjoy a glass of wine with dinner.

Old 11-08-2012, 08:01 AM

19 posts, read 16,869 times
Yeah, I drink with friends at parties or whatever. It's just to let loose and let sparks fly! Haha what was the craziest thing you did when you were drunk? I'm not sure what mine was but, one time I woke up naked on a coffee table with chocolate icing all over me O.o Craaazy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages