Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 08:46 AM

515 posts, read 1,832,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRandy View Post
If you want it to be more like draft get the Guinness with the nitrogen widget and drink directly from the container. Most people want to pour it into a glass but that's not what Guinness wants you to do.
Thats not exactly true, the following was copied from the Guinness Website;

Once upon a time, the only place to get the authentic taste of GUINNESS® Draught beer was down your local pub or bar. Then, in the late 1980s, GUINNESS® Draught In Cans brought your local right into your own fridge. Suddenly, cans were cool again.

It’s the widget in our cans that does it. The patented GUINNESS® In-Can System is an ingenious award-winner. A tiny plastic widget jets a stream of bubbles into the GUINNESS® beer when the can is opened. The result is black, white and beautiful. 800 million widgets can’t be wrong.

Put The Widget To Work
Chill your GUINNESS® Draught can down to about 3.5°C (38.3°F) for at least 3 hours. Steady your hand and take a deep breath. Open, automatically activating the widget, and carefully pour the whole can into a tilted glass in one smooth action, straightening the glass as it fills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 10:03 AM

2,493 posts, read 4,401,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Angry View Post

Once upon a time, the only place to get the authentic taste of GUINNESS® Draught beer was down your local pub or bar. Then, in the late 1980s, GUINNESS® Draught In Cans brought your local right into your own fridge. Suddenly, cans were cool again.

It’s the widget in our cans that does it. The patented GUINNESS® In-Can System is an ingenious award-winner. A tiny plastic widget jets a stream of bubbles into the GUINNESS® beer when the can is opened. The result is black, white and beautiful. 800 million widgets can’t be wrong.

Put The Widget To Work
Chill your GUINNESS® Draught can down to about 3.5°C (38.3°F) for at least 3 hours. Steady your hand and take a deep breath. Open, automatically activating the widget, and carefully pour the whole can into a tilted glass in one smooth action, straightening the glass as it fills.
Boy, that really bugs me when they use that stupid registration mark over and over in the text. And these guys have got the name in all caps AND a registration mark. Talk about insecure. The right way to do it is stick that mark one in the logo at the top of the page. You don't need to keep shoving it in people's faces all through the copy. You never see Microsoft doing that, and those folks own the world. It's only the little bitty scared insecure companies..... Get a life, Guinness!!!!

Old 11-29-2007, 01:07 PM

1,482 posts, read 5,174,667 times
Quote:

It’s the widget in our cans that does it.
Yes, my mistake. I was thinking of the bottle. The bottled version with the widget (http://www.guinness.com/us_en/beer/draughtbottle/distraction.aspx - broken link) is supposed to be consumed directly from the container.

Old 11-29-2007, 01:39 PM

515 posts, read 1,832,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImRandy View Post
Yes, my mistake. I was thinking of the bottle. The bottled version with the widget (http://www.guinness.com/us_en/beer/draughtbottle/distraction.aspx - broken link) is supposed to be consumed directly from the container.
I'm glad you posted that, I had no idea the bottles had the widget too.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:22 PM

392 posts, read 1,859,118 times
Anyone tried Hazelnut Kahlua? Kind of like getting two of my favorites Frangelico and Kahlua in one
I also like White Russians with raspberry flavored vodka.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:27 PM

1,482 posts, read 5,174,667 times
Quote:
I'm glad you posted that, I had no idea the bottles had the widget too.
When I first tried Guinness in the bottle sometime in the 80's they didn't and it didn't taste right or at least it tasted different. I think they started making the new bottles around 5-6 years ago. They've been running TV ads for them pretty heavy here for the last couple of summers.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:53 PM

979 posts, read 3,828,998 times
Well I am a bartender myself..... 8 yrs now. I think I have now made bushmills and Crown Royal my definite fav's. Bushmills on the rocks, bushmills manhattens, crown and soda, corwn on the rocks..... yummy! I like my occasional skyy martinis too (slightly dirty with blue cheese stuffed olives) Just had one last night!

P.S. Trader Joe wine is sooooo good. Great price too.

Old 11-29-2007, 02:59 PM

324 posts, read 883,729 times
I really like South American wines, especially Malbecs from Argentina. I've been obsessed ever since I visited last year. My other favorite drink is a margarita.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:13 PM

422 posts, read 1,362,625 times
I generally drink Coors Light.. However, I love Blue Moon when I am out at bars drinking w/ friends. I also like my margaritas made w/ Patron tequila.

Old 11-29-2007, 03:23 PM

690 posts, read 2,630,274 times
Don't laugh - vodka and pink lemonade. It's so good. Since I've started drinking it, it's ALL I'll drink, save the Mexican restaurant margaritas and sips of hubby's Crown on the rocks!

Oh, and there's always the occasional bottle of Boone's Farm wine (did drink it straight from the bottle, recently went respectable and at least use a wine glass) when I want to feel young and cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Food and Drink > Alcoholic Beverages