Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2012, 11:49 AM

467 posts, read 665,526 times

Advertisements

Who has taken these and what was your experience?
Original Bach Flower Remedies® - www.BachFlower.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 02:28 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,811,264 times
I used to use Rescue Remedy post-surgery a few decades ago, because the doctor said I'd heal best in a completely stress-free environment. That environment didn't exist for me at the time and wasn't an option. Eventually I discovered that it was me, taking a pro-active stance on my own relaxation, that was doing the job. And not the Rescue Remedy. But at the time, I was convinced that it was the Rescue Remedy. And since that's what works best for "nervousness" sometimes, then it really did work. Psychosomatic medicine is still medicine

I tried a couple of the different Flower Remedies for something too back then, I had a pretty bohemian lifestyle, living with these two chicks who lived on macrobiotic diet, one guy who was in a religious cult, another woman and her boyfriend who were supposedly Wiccan and ate raw meat, and every one of us had indian-print tapestries on our walls and went to Dead concerts.

I grew out of that phase eventually when I realized how profoundly shallow it was, to make such an effort to appear deep.

Last edited by AnonChick; 10-23-2012 at 02:42 PM..

Old 10-24-2012, 11:49 AM

5,559 posts, read 4,635,538 times
I have used Bach Remedies in the past. As with any alternative approach, much depends upon the selection of the remedy as well as not expecting too much. Rescue Remedy was very good for short term stress relief. But ultimately it is mostly about lifestyle choices, e.g. diet, exercise, the way we look at life, the types of stresses that enter into our lives and how we deal with them, etc.

Sometimes a good choice of remedy (Bach or homeopathic) can have marvelous long-term results and often they are short-term but helpful.

Old 10-28-2012, 10:32 AM

4,965 posts, read 3,326,284 times
I just started yesterday with one of the Bach remedies but I do not expect wonders from it

Old 10-31-2012, 06:40 AM

6,958 posts, read 6,891,873 times
This is a bit of a rant, but hopefully there is something worthwhile in it !

Any of these homeopathic remedies are energy medicine and there is nothing left in the remedy apart from the vibrational energy of the original substance. I think energy medicine works very well and I think all medicines cure because they are on a harmonic of the curing frequency. Now, in my opinion, all medicines both orthodox and complementary work on an energy level and so there are many different medications which will have the same effect if they are addressing the same energy problem.

Having said that, we dont really understand this at all and so it is a blind stab in the dark to find a substance which has the energy signature which will cure a disease from our body and there are obviously better ones (more exactly matching the energy of the disease) and worse ones which may not exactly match the energy of the disease. We just dont have the skills or the (orthodox) measuring instruments to determine what is best for each disease at the moment. We just have to do trials and see what works and for those complementary modalities we continue to call the people who practice them 'quacks' and charletans. This is because orthodox medicine cannot bear that someone else may have a better way to determine the 'correct' frequency with which to treat an illness.

The Russians have been developing Kirlian photography for years tryng to determine a diagnostic method to detect disease so they are far away in front of the USA in this respect. Your medical insurance is so powerful that it is keeping you all in disease so that it is continuing to provide profits for their futures.

There are simple and natural cures for serious diseases but they have been supressed by telling us that they dont work. Even something as simple as a fast can and has been effective in the past for curing serious diseases. The fasting clinics of the 1900's have disappeared now, mainly because it does not sell drugs if you eat nothing and drink only water. The money is in the illness and the cure by continuing to give drugs. Without these, the medical insurance companies would go out of business..

Chemotherapy and toxic medicines suppress the immune system so the body has no chance to fight off the disease, and although the body itself has created disease, we are not taught this and we are not taught to change our lifestyles so that the body can re-balance itself back to health.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine