Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2016, 02:07 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,815,029 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonChick View Post
Eve Dr. Weil, the "alternative therapy guru" - doesn't think it's worth a tinker's damn. He explains the claims, and discusses the processes for different uses of AK - and then makes a nice neat summary here:

Applied Kinesiology (AK) - Dr. Weil's Wellness Therapies

AK is illegal in some countries, and one country is so vehement against it, that its chiropractors are not allowed to even _mention_ it in their advertising or discussion of treatments, let alone use it.

Correct! That is what I am finding as well,

https://www.painscience.com/articles...inesiology.php

Last edited by PanTerra; 04-04-2016 at 02:26 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2016, 02:26 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
As I can see it and I've worked with it a long time, it's our own ENERGY. I've had a couple chiros work with it on me and one got to a major fatigue issue with soy testing and AK. This was years ago when the soy world exploded and I got on the soymilk and fatigue was horrible. Soy messes our thyroids.

My integrative MD attempted to sell me a cortisol supplement and I asked her to muscle test it on me and my testing was weak, my body didn't like it...so I didn't buy it.

Now a good friend who is challenged with many yrs of CFS/ME uses it and she taught me the finger testing.

I have an open mind to all alternative healing, so this work fits me very well.

I'm sure it all depends on where you come from re: healing our bodies.

Old 04-06-2016, 03:25 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,452,168 times
I've had it done multiple times to me and I've done it to others. Client of mine says she uses it on her teenage kids to see if they are lying to her about where they've been with their friends.

The first time I had it done to me was by a Naturopathic Doctor and also former Medical Doctor. He said that the results he got from muscle response testing were just as if not MORE accurate than blood work and lab testing. He had numerous patients who were skeptical of his findings have blood work done as well and the blood work confirmed the findings of the muscle response testing.

He tested for allergies; endocrine gland weaknesses; foods and supplements that would work (or not) to help the patient and more. He even used it to narrow down which supplements should be used first. He even found it worked remotely. People would call into his radio show with a health question. Using a surrogate person in place of the caller, the answer was given. People were pretty impressed!

If you are being tested for a food allergy for example, the person testing you has you hold out your right arm to your side (oryour left, it doesn't matter). As they press down on your forearm with their left arm and place their right hand on your shoulder, you resist the pressure. They then have a baseline for your muscle strength.

Then when they test and item, they have you hold it, wrapped up so you don't know what it is, your other hand against your solar plexus. Neither he nor you knows what it is.( All potential biases need to be removed.) He asks out loud if it is good for you. Then he presses your forearm. If you can't maintain the resistance like you did before and your arm drops then the answer is "No". That item being tested is NOT good for you.It makes you weak. He would then take the item and put it aside with the items that aren't good for you. If the answer is "yes", the item is not harmful then you would be able to maintain your strength as you did initially.

To test to see if someone is telling the truth or lying, if they are lying the arm will weaken.

It is EXTREMELY reliable, effective and cheap. Dr Weil probably didn't want to give it any merit because imagine how it could affect diagnostic testing if people on a large scale learned they were able to figure out on their own doing simple muscle response testing, what the cause of their illness is and what exactly they need to do or not do to heal it?

Old 04-06-2016, 03:42 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
emilybh, your explanation is really interesting. Both doctors who used it on me were MDs too. The first one did that thing where you hold out your arm and they press on it.

The second doctor had me hold a supplement, calcium, for instance, and I think I had to make a circle with my thumb and forefinger with the other hand. I don't know how he knew. I didn't like his tactics though--he went too fast and never explained anything. The assistant would just give you a list of supplements to go out and buy and she'd check to make sure you were eating right.

The first doctor was wonderful and would sit and talk with you. I know the second doctor KNEW a lot but he was in such a hurry that I felt rushed and I really wanted to ask him some questions.

It'll be a long time until I can afford to go to another naturopath who uses that kind of testing but I do think there's something to it.

Old 04-07-2016, 10:36 AM

I truly believe there is something "to it"...the naysayers have their ulterior motives in everything as I've come to believe in my long life of exploring and thinking and being exposed to many other modalities. I have done AK to know who would be our president. And I was correct the last election. This one I haven't done yet. There are many things I don't want to know so don't go there. My going on 95 yr old friend was so taken with the pendulum that she bought her adult grandchildren pendulums but they did not get interested. She asked me some months ago to ask the pendulum if she would live beyond 95 and it told her no....she wanted to know. She's planning a big party for the family/friends for her 95th in Oct. Now she may live to 100 the pendulum isn't always 100% spot on. It's fun too.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:49 PM

I just muscle tested with the two fingers for an opinion on using Cosamin DS for my joints and although I "think" it's helping going into my 5th week, the muscle testing I just did said it's helping. I can bend my knee so much more than I could 5 weeks ago...that is a good sign I'd say. My knee has been thru the wringer since Oct 2016 and my gut keeps telling me, NO on knee replacement.

Old 11-17-2017, 10:06 AM

I could not open the OP's link, so posting this one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Applied_kinesiology

We all choose what we want to "believe" and I choose to trust the alternatives as for one They Do No Harm. I use all protocols that I think could work for my issue if and when. I don't live my life by AK but it does come in handy I've found and truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine