Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 01:59 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times

Advertisements

On several occasions I have learned of people in my area who are dying of some dread disease (ostensibly cancer, but once in a while something else). In each case, I find out contact information and make the sincere effort to contact them either by email or via Facebook to mention to them that I have a great deal of information regarding alternative treatments that I would love to share if they are interested.

I do not make any wild claims, nor do I push my agenda on them at all. I simply mention that there are a lot of options out there that perhaps they are unaware of and that if I do not hear back from them I will not contact them again.

So far, I have only had one person respond to me and that response was something like... "I have a great doctor who is doing all he can for me, but thanks for the offer".

None of the other ones (probably about 6 -7) have even bothered to return my message/email. Now granted, they probably have a lot on their plate, (which is why I tell them I am not going to bother them further unless I hear from them), but I would think that someone offering to help would be gratefully accepted, or at the very least, acknowledged.

So far two of the children who had cancer have died. I do not claim to have all the answers nor the cure, but I think that every person should at least be aware of the options available that could make a difference. The last person I contacted was a local man who has stage IV colon cancer and is not doing well at all. This lack of response really makes me just want to give up trying to help.

What are your thoughts about this? Just wondering.

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-25-2013, 04:41 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
When I'm contacted by a stranger offering to share information, I assume they're selling something. I immediately trash the message and mark the contact as spam.
Doesn't matter what the content or nature of the information is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
On several occasions I have learned of people in my area who are dying of some dread disease (ostensibly cancer, but once in a while something else). In each case, I find out contact information and make the sincere effort to contact them either by email or via Facebook to mention to them that I have a great deal of information regarding alternative treatments that I would love to share if they are interested.

I do not make any wild claims, nor do I push my agenda on them at all. I simply mention that there are a lot of options out there that perhaps they are unaware of and that if I do not hear back from them I will not contact them again.

Old 05-25-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
When I'm contacted by a stranger offering to share information, I assume they're selling something. I immediately trash the message and mark the contact as spam.
Doesn't matter what the content or nature of the information is.
So how would you approach it so that this doesn't happen?

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-25-2013, 05:26 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,534,651 times
If you're a cancer survivor, some people *might* be open to an expression of support, encouragement, sympathy, etc. Then if they ask what worked for you, you could possibly offer.

I can't think of any appropriate way though to offer unsolicited advice and/or information to a stranger.

Old 05-25-2013, 06:09 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,928,336 times
I don't know if you have read David Hawkins book "Power Vs. Force," but in that book he explains that everything is vibrating at different frequencies.

It is my opinion that many people are not vibrating at a high enough frequency to be able to take in information vibrating at higher realms - they are tuned "down the dial" and stuff at the other end of the dial sounds like static to them.

People who "believe" in conventional medicine are going to be of the mindset that it is the ONLY way to go - they will look at other methods as "wacky" - anything on the margins would be suspect to them - since they don't have the capability - at their current frequency - to understand things of a higher level.

Old 05-25-2013, 07:11 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,788,282 times
I think it would creep me out if some stranger saught out and found my personal contact information in an attempt to "help" me. I mean, if you overheard me on the bus talking on the cell phone to my oncologist, and offered a sympathetic smile, I'd feel thankful for your humanity. But in your case, you're not overhearing anything. You're going out of your way to find out who I am, find out how to get in touch with me... that's pretty invasive of my privacy while I'm especially vulnerable.

If you truly want to be of help, then you'd make yourself available if *I* saught *you* out, and not the other way around. Perhaps post a note on the post office bulletin board, letting people know -your- personal information and inviting them to contact you if they or a loved one wish for you to tell them about alternative medicine. You could post the same at whatever stores have bulletin boards - I know health foods and natural foods stores seem to favor bulletin board communication between customers.

Old 05-25-2013, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by imcurious View Post
I don't know if you have read David Hawkins book "Power Vs. Force," but in that book he explains that everything is vibrating at different frequencies.

It is my opinion that many people are not vibrating at a high enough frequency to be able to take in information vibrating at higher realms - they are tuned "down the dial" and stuff at the other end of the dial sounds like static to them.

People who "believe" in conventional medicine are going to be of the mindset that it is the ONLY way to go - they will look at other methods as "wacky" - anything on the margins would be suspect to them - since they don't have the capability - at their current frequency - to understand things of a higher level.
I do have that book somewhere......I'm just not sure where. LOL

20yrsinBranson

Old 05-27-2013, 04:38 PM
ino

680 posts, read 2,499,968 times
I certainly wouldn't want some stranger contacting me out of the blue that's for sure. Having said that, I learnt a long time ago that one can't suggest things to others, and in my case not even friends or relatives {outside my own immediate family} most are not receptive to hearing things from non accredited people, it's just how it is. Unless they enquire it's best to just let things be and let nature take its course.

It took me a while to understand that many are not willing to open their minds to other things. Even with potential for the worst possible outcome they still are not receptive. It's just the nature of us human beings. Looking after oneself is ultimately the best one can do. One needs to become cold and detached and just turn your back on them and walk away.

Everyone has choices hence they make that choice for themselves, even in the worst case scenario there are choices so walk away and allow them to make their own choice ~ for better or for worse. At some point one learns to become detached from concern for others health and become content with looking after your own.

Old 05-28-2013, 04:56 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
So how would you approach it so that this doesn't happen?

20yrsinBranson
Perhaps you could start by saying that you are not selling anything, merely offering sources of info.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:35 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,995,469 times
Default Fourth reply is ON TOPIC:

The question you asked is "Why won't people open their minds"
THIS IS AN ON TOPIC REPLY TO YOUR QUESTION:People hesitate to open their minds to alt meds suggestions because of the bad apples out there peddling cures and treatments that are totally useless. These well known bad apples make people leery of those who do have helpful alt med information, cures and treatments.

Also in reply to your question of "Why won't people open their minds"

If you're recommending sites to them where products are being SOLD, they will see your messages or emails as spam - it will not open their minds to alt meds.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.