Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2013, 10:32 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,405,038 times

Advertisements

Oh goodness he has done wonders on my different issues. He even works on my sinuses and my carpal tunnel and it works.

Today he worked on my TMJ. It hurt when he was doing it, and he told me it would, but it had made a huge difference.

He will have to do it again I am sure, but at this point, my jaws are opening much more equally than before.

I just thought I was going to have to deal with it forever. I am not open to surgery for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 08:43 PM

28 posts, read 107,422 times
I'm glad things are getting better. Sinus problems could be from something you are breathing in. It's that time of year, and according to meridian therapy or acupuncture, the respiratory meridian will be out of balance around this time of year.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:16 PM

25,577 posts, read 56,553,116 times
I had a very mild touch of TMJ a few years ago after a very long bout in the dentist chair. One chiropractic Activator treatment took care of it immediately. TMJ can become increasingly painful without the correct treatment. Yes, chiro works for carpal tunnel, as well. And sinuses.

My first stop is always to the chiro. Have no need to doctor for much of anything other than an occasional physical and some of the preventive diagnostic tests.

71 y/o - no problems at all. Many aches/pains/ailments can be prevented and/or corrected if the body is kept in correct alignment.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
I had a very mild touch of TMJ a few years ago after a very long bout in the dentist chair. One chiropractic Activator treatment took care of it immediately. TMJ can become increasingly painful without the correct treatment. Yes, chiro works for carpal tunnel, as well. And sinuses.

My first stop is always to the chiro. Have no need to doctor for much of anything other than an occasional physical and some of the preventive diagnostic tests.

71 y/o - no problems at all. Many aches/pains/ailments can be prevented and/or corrected if the body is kept in correct alignment.
Well that is wonderful! I do have a few medical problems that do require a doctors treatment, but my chiropractor has worked wonders on me, for sure.

Old 11-11-2013, 03:18 PM

2,195 posts, read 2,596,173 times
Glad to hear about your positive experience. I think Chiropractors and massage therapists are very under-appreciated and not enough people take advantage of them. I have had a lot of benefit from mine as well, although in my case it is mainly my knees that need his attention.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowfax View Post
Glad to hear about your positive experience. I think Chiropractors and massage therapists are very under-appreciated and not enough people take advantage of them. I have had a lot of benefit from mine as well, although in my case it is mainly my knees that need his attention.
Well that's good. I have an issue where my pelvis is not aligned correctly and it causes everything to be out of alignment. He has me all fixed up. I used to see a chiro several years ago and he got it all straightened out for me but after I stopped going, it went right back to how it was. It does the same thing now if I do a lot of walking.

I was at my internist today and I told her about my experience and she couldn't believe me about the sinus issue.

Old 01-08-2014, 11:05 AM

2,145 posts, read 5,077,886 times
Craniosacral Therapy is also great for TMJ/Sinuses.
Also, there has been a link for some between intestinal parasites/worms and TMJ, so a round of parasite detox herbs or tincture can work wonders for long term [besides the usually structural and stress related aspects], for some people.
[Side note: in chinese medical theory, the intestine and stomach meridians [energy channels acupuncture works with] run through the jaw, so while the link between the parasites was not TCM theory related, it's an interesting coincidence!]

Continued success to you and pain free wishes for all!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine