Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2015, 01:41 PM

15,592 posts, read 15,659,624 times

Advertisements

I suggest you do a little research.

First, the guidelines are changing, and now women are being advised against mammograms.

On the other hand, there's a new method which is supposed to be far more accurate. I think it's 3D or something like that.

So maybe the solution is to get fewer, but better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2015, 03:17 PM

128 posts, read 207,649 times
A Mammogram saved my life...I am all for it.

Old 04-05-2015, 04:33 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I suggest you do a little research.

First, the guidelines are changing, and now women are being advised against mammograms.

On the other hand, there's a new method which is supposed to be far more accurate. I think it's 3D or something like that.

So maybe the solution is to get fewer, but better.
Women are not being advised against mammograms, although there is discussion about who should have them and how often, the primary concern being radiation exposure. Three D mammography involves more radiation, and it is not known yet whether it will improve outcomes.

3D Mammograms May Improve Breast Cancer Screening

Old 04-06-2015, 07:11 PM

10,364 posts, read 20,791,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellothereIN View Post
Personally, I would get the thermogram AND a mamogram (baseline).

You would have BOTH modalities and reports. There are some that claim not all issues (growth, calcifications, etc) can be seen by thermo. If one is over read you would have another. Sometimes fungal globs are said to be cancer - when they are not. Follow an antifungal diet: NO CORN. NO SUGAR. NO GRAIN. Low sugar fruit. Couldn't hurt. (Make the meat you eat free of grain,too by choosing grass fed/grass finished. Bison. No antibiotics in them, as well)

Radiation may have downside, but diet, smoking/drinking, excessive antibiotic use - figure in there as well. I would begin a very healthy diet - eliminating ALL sugars (would sweeten with stevia or xylitol if I had to) and increase those healthy veggies like BROCCOLI, kale, etc. Some berries. Clean filtered water. Supplements like IODINE/magnesium, selenium, Vit C, zinc. Iodine Supplementation Protocol
Vitamin D3 is so good for humans. Get into the sunshine - go barefoot, too.
I wish I'd seen this before I got BC. This is pretty much what I'm doing now with the advice of my holistic MD. The iodine resolved my years long problems with fibrocystic tissue in my breasts.

I did have a mammogram, just one, the one that did not see my tumor. Something was suspect so I went in for the ultrasound and it didn't show anything either. But something was still suspect so they did the biopsy and it was BC. Started seeing the holistic doc and had thermo and guess what. It didn't see anything either. So there you have it. According to the papers that came with my report, the main reason it might not see anything is b/c the tumor may be quiescent, or not growing, and that does seem to be the case as all this was about 1-1/2 years ago.

I won't give anyone advice on what they should choose b/c I'm not a doctor but one thing you should know is that mammos miss quite a few too--many cases of Invasive Lobular Carcinoma get missed on mammos for one thing, even when they're quite large, and ILC accounts for about 10% of BC.

Old 08-24-2019, 05:56 PM

689 posts, read 972,939 times
I've had 15 mammograms in my lifetime and decided a while back not to have anymore and do NOT wish to debate this. I have my own trusted resources and have very strong opinions about them. Furthermore, out of the many women I know who have developed breast cancer, nearly every single one discovered their tumors on their own - often after receiving a mammogram just a few months prior!

Having said this, I recently developed a very worrisome pain in my left breast and my doctor, who knew my feelings as well as the intensity of the pain, referred me for a full screening ultrasound (this is a whole breast exam, not a spot-specific diagnostic). Additionally, I was advised by the (testing) breast center that this was a reasonable choice given my personal history and that the only thing this type of ultrasound will not catch is very tiny abnormalities - most of which would be insignificant anyway.

My insurance would not pay for this test but it was not expensive and well-worth my peace of mind. I was lucky to find a breast center so close to home that performs this type of ultrasound. It is not available everywhere but I strongly recommend this to anyone out there looking for a safe, accurate alternative.

A few years back I had a thermogram, by the way. While I believe it is an extremely safe option, I have been told by a couple of different naturopathic/functional med practitioners, as well as the breast center, that there are just too many false positives and false negatives to consider it fail-safe at this time. If the slightest thing is off, you'll be referred for a mammogram anyway, so keep that in mind if you decide on that option.

Last edited by LaylaM; 08-24-2019 at 06:19 PM..

Old 08-25-2019, 08:36 AM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lola The yorkie View Post
That link no where indicates that calcification in Breast tissue has anything to do with dietary or supplements
The article found better results for rabbits who were given calcium supplements.

This thread is about Thermography.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine