Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2015, 05:22 PM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,775 times

Advertisements

I've never smoked cigarettes or done any type of drugs but last year I read an article in an American science journal that speculated nicotine may have some benefits such as appetite suppressant and increased concentration abilities. So I bought some nicotine lozenges and every once in awhile I take one. I notice yes it does suppress the appetite, not sure about the increased cognitive abilities, but the nicotine does make me dizzy so lately whenever I take a lozenge it's for the purpose of escaping from life, getting dizzy, taking a nap, checking out of life for a while. Does nicotine have this effect on anyone else reading this who might have experience with nicotine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2015, 06:01 PM

242 posts, read 299,235 times
When I was a teenager- my friends used some of the mouth stuff "dip" and "chew". The first time I did it- it did have a bit of a psych effect on me. I remember the bigger effect was sweating profusely while I had the dip in my mouth.

Old 02-22-2015, 06:12 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
I've never smoked cigarettes or done any type of drugs but last year I read an article in an American science journal that speculated nicotine may have some benefits such as appetite suppressant and increased concentration abilities. So I bought some nicotine lozenges and every once in awhile I take one. I notice yes it does suppress the appetite, not sure about the increased cognitive abilities, but the nicotine does make me dizzy so lately whenever I take a lozenge it's for the purpose of escaping from life, getting dizzy, taking a nap, checking out of life for a while. Does nicotine have this effect on anyone else reading this who might have experience with nicotine?
Yep..It hit's your brain within 7 seconds...and it sounds like you never were exposed to it prior..so be very very careful..

Here's a link~~ I suggest you read it so you get some idea just what it does inside your body...IF you are trying to curb you're appetite..be careful..There are lower dose nicotine med's available, however, you did not mention the dose in your OP....
Nicotine Effects
Nicotine Effects

Since I'm fairly new here..I'm not sure in pasting the writeup..so best you read it at your leisure...Good luck!!

Old 02-23-2015, 08:31 AM

1,474 posts, read 2,300,775 times
thank you for the link to some info, Lyndarn.

I take 2mg lozenges, the lowest possible dose, only take a lozenge once in awhile, and have no intention of increasing dose.

aside from this Nicotine I've discovered, my system is pretty pure, so the nicotine probably has a strong effect on a pure system.

Old 12-28-2016, 04:25 PM

240 posts, read 586,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelpha View Post
Being a long time nicotine user and having not used for quite awhile at times, I can assure you that when I start again I get super dizzy. It has all sorts of bad effects.

I have taken my blood pressure on occasion first thing in the morning before and after using nicotine and blood pressure and heartbeat went way up after using nicotine. This was when I was using nicotine on a regular basis.

Hopefully this answers your question.

I can't imagine anyone taking nicotine for the purposes you describe when there are so many other appetite depressants out there including a couple of glasses of water which you are not likely to get addicted to. By the way nicotine is just another very addictive drug just as all the drugs that illegal are.

Last edited by 13levine; 12-28-2016 at 04:50 PM..

Old 12-31-2016, 09:35 AM

5,182 posts, read 5,251,926 times
When I started smoking at 14, there was not only dizziness but also a sick stomach feeling. (Clue: my body was telling me something.) But hey, doncha know smoking was cool in 1958 so I kept at it. One episode a week after beginning smoking was so bad, I lay down under a tree until the dizziness and nausea passed. But somehow I knew that this would be the last adverse reaction. Body said OK, idiot, if you insist on smoking, go right ahead. And like an idiot I did.

Old 01-11-2017, 07:39 AM

6 posts, read 4,181 times
Of course it does. Nicotine is no good

Old 01-12-2017, 11:56 AM

32,936 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Unless you have a disease or disorder which it helps.

Old 01-23-2017, 08:41 PM

240 posts, read 586,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
Unless you have a disease or disorder which it helps.
Please give examples.

Old 01-24-2017, 09:28 AM

48,526 posts, read 34,851,331 times
Yes it can.

You are not really meant to suck on the lozenges non-stop. Just a little and tuck it in your cheek, and suck on it as needed.

I used them to quit smoking.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine