Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2015, 03:57 AM

1,369 posts, read 2,273,412 times

Advertisements

I heard about bitter melon three years ago, and set about trying to find some. It proved impossible to get where I am, and the only way to get it was to order it online at hugely inflated prices. I decided to stick to my insulin instead. I can just go to Walmart and get my insulin for $24.88 a vial, instead of chasing after some plant online hoping I don't get taken on something fake and paying a lot more in the end.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2015, 04:18 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,284,151 times
I'm sure you'll find Bitter Melon tea in one of these local Cape Coral Asian grocery stores. The product makes for a nice tea if nothing else.
https://www.google.ca/#safe=active&q...+cape+coral+fl

Old 06-04-2015, 04:20 AM

Yeah, I'm not wanting the tea, I want the melon itself, not some product supposedly made from it.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:26 AM

OK look for this product in the fruit and vegetable section, i'd be surprised if they didnt have it.=
https://www.google.ca/search?q=bitte...ed=0CAYQ_AUoAQ

Cooking it might prove challenging as theres a reason its called bitter melon.

Old 06-04-2015, 04:44 AM

Well thanks for the pictures, but I already know what it looks like. I've not been able to find it in Collier or Lee counties. It seems not a really popular kind of produce, so grocers just don't stock it. From what I've read cooking it is not what you do with it, you are to eat it raw in specific amounts for the intended purpose. If I do happen across it I'll get some and try it. I'm curious about it still. If it works and it's cheaper than insulin, and I can get a reliable supply it might be a very good thing.

Old 06-04-2015, 05:33 AM

Heres one persons experience of eating raw bitter melon=
Anyone actually like to eat and cook BITTER MELON?! - Home Cooking - Chowhound

Old 06-04-2015, 09:44 AM

273 posts, read 211,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Heres one persons experience of eating raw bitter melon=
Anyone actually like to eat and cook BITTER MELON?! - Home Cooking - Chowhound
Yeah I'm sure it is bitter but I heard it has a good taste. I would prefer it raw. Taste means nothing to me as long as it promotes good health for me.

Old 06-04-2015, 02:15 PM

When i bought the tea i also bought 1 bitter melon, the taste is almost indescribably bitter, akin to eating sour chalk,
The only thing i can think of that compares is an unripe Persimmon.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ZfRADuv1eS...Warheads-4.jpg

Old 06-04-2015, 02:53 PM

273 posts, read 211,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
When i bought the tea i also bought 1 bitter melon, the taste is almost indescribably bitter, akin to eating sour chalk,
The only thing i can think of that compares is an unripe Persimmon.
Warheads-4.jpg (image)
I seen a video on youtube of someone saying that it may be the most bitter substance in the world.

Old 06-10-2015, 08:59 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,452,168 times
I've used it in my juicer and have made Korean dishes with it. There are some Indian recipes too. I found one for "stuffed bitter melon" that looks good. There is a recipe to add bitter melon to scrambled eggs. In it it said you can get rid of the bitter taste by soaking it for three minutes in salt water. There are lots of fried/ stuffed bitter melon recipes that taste great.

As far as it being a "cure" for diabetes. There is no such thing in the world of health. We have to get over that mentality. There are foods and whole herbs that your body can use to restore; regenerate and clean itself and even grow new organs and bones. Of course this is the LAST thing western medicine wants you to know. Even those in the natural medicine field who sell isolate supplements should know that all they do is replace what the body should be doing for itself. Insulin for example should be made by the body if the body was in good health. The American Sheeple should wake up and figure this out. What diabetics should be doing is trying to get their endocrine glands, pancreas, digestion and lymphatic system working again.

Also a poster earlier mentioned that homeopathics "don't work right away". People lump in homeopathics with other natural modes of medicine when they shouldn't. People need to realize that Homeopathics is a TOTALLY different mode of medicine than whole herbs, isolate supplements, vitamins and minerals. It actually CAN work almost instantly. I know from personal experience. I'm not going to try to explain it here and risk being accused of "hijacking" the thread. Suffice it to say that people need to STOP using the word "Homeopathic" until they research it; and understand what it is.

Last edited by emilybh; 06-10-2015 at 09:13 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine