Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2015, 09:33 PM

638 posts, read 2,243,116 times

Advertisements

Im 35 YO and have gout in my left foot. I have been prescribed anti-inflammatory drugs and they seem to work during flare ups. I recently bought DMSO off amazon. I apply it where needed. The stuff seems to work great around my flare up areas. I use it when Im out of my drugs.

Have any of you used this? I pour it onto my foot and work it in. I hear that the FDA wont allow it for sale in drug stores, but it works for me. Im in good shape, but this gout attacks my left foot at least once a month. DMSO seems to quickly quiet my flair ups. My father has suffered through this his whole life. Apparently, there is a genetic thing. He never heard of DMSO and I am happy to have found it.

I also suffer from a herniated disc in my back. It was a gym injury and i went through physical therapy. I apply DMSO onto my back when it aches. It works wonders there too!

i recommend DSMO and want to hear stories from others who have used it.

Last edited by MR77; 08-22-2015 at 09:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 10:43 AM

2 posts, read 3,001 times
Dmso is my new best friend. Been complaining to my Dr for four years about lumps and pain in my ankle due to many bad sprains. Read the book on mms and dmso. Decided to give it a try. The inflamation and pain is gone but lumps are still there. Finally had an mri yesterday. probably need surgery. I have also been having wrist, knee, hip, back, shoulder and neck pain for years. Dmso is also controlling my pain and inflamation for that as well. Works wonders for migraines as well. Make sure you find a good supplier. The first company cheated me. They are now closed down. Found a good company in Canada. You can actually read The Dmso Handbook for doctors on their site for free. A way to test your product is by putting it in the fridge for a couple of hours. It should solidify. medical grade is what you need. This does not make you smell as bad. The product that makes you smell really bad is removed.

Old 11-16-2017, 10:50 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shelleybrennan View Post
Dmso is my new best friend. Been complaining to my Dr for four years about lumps and pain in my ankle due to many bad sprains. Read the book on mms and dmso. Decided to give it a try. The inflamation and pain is gone but lumps are still there. Finally had an mri yesterday. probably need surgery. I have also been having wrist, knee, hip, back, shoulder and neck pain for years. Dmso is also controlling my pain and inflamation for that as well. Works wonders for migraines as well. Make sure you find a good supplier. The first company cheated me. They are now closed down. Found a good company in Canada. You can actually read The Dmso Handbook for doctors on their site for free. A way to test your product is by putting it in the fridge for a couple of hours. It should solidify. medical grade is what you need. This does not make you smell as bad. The product that makes you smell really bad is removed.
I've been used DMSO for a good 10 yrs and a member of a DMSO yahoo group. I buy a certified brand from one of my supplement suppliers...and often dilute some DMSO with magnesium oil. And often dilute the 99% strength with clean water.

I wear support for ankle and knee and back and fear that "need" surgery dx. I'm dealing with a lot of complications from hip replacement in 2010 that I thought I needed...

When we are "electing" surgery, it's often a thing to get a couple opinions..can't reverse surgery once it's done. My daughter has a foot issue and the first ortho MD told her surgery would be in the future, since then she saw a couple other doctors and they are saying, surgery could make things worse. So she's not going for a hard surgery and long rehab and who knows the outcome.

Emergency surgery is another thing.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 11-16-2017 at 11:00 AM..

Old 12-12-2017, 08:43 PM

5,479 posts, read 2,117,680 times
I never thought to try DMSO on my gout.

What I do to stay off of 500mg Allopurinol each day is drink 4ounces of lemon juice and apple cider viengar...four parts lemon juice and one part ACV.
The ACV has to be the good stuff, with the "mother"....stay away from the filtered pasteurized junk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine