Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2017, 10:54 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,156,831 times

Advertisements

I'm confused what pendulums have to do with our health. They are a tool that is used for fortune telling (for those who believe in that)... they are used in Wicca or witchcraft i read so confused what relevance it has to health/ medical issue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2017, 10:58 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,738,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
I'm confused what pendulums have to do with our health. They are a tool that is used for fortune telling (for those who believe in that)... they are used in Wicca or witchcraft i read so confused what relevance it has to health/ medical issue
It's energy work and I use both pendulum and muscle testing. Our bodies are very smart and we have to learn to listen to them. Many people will test a supplement they are thinking about trying and if they get a negative "swing" they won't try it. I've been doing this work off and on for probably 20 yrs. I'm not into witchcraft but am into Energy Work. We are Energy.

One can use these protocols in many aspects of their lives. I go in spurts on checking things out. Some things I don't want to know.

Old 11-18-2017, 12:10 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,156,831 times
You also posted on your pendulum in the paranormal section

Old 11-18-2017, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondayafternoons View Post
You also posted on your pendulum in the paranormal section
Yes, I wanted to talk about it with others but not much response. There are forums for pendulum work. I have 3 friends who use pendulum and muscle testing too and none are into witchcraft...most are not into any religion...the religion of energy and positive thoughts. I bought my pendulum at a spiritual healing store that sells crystals etc. One programs it for their body when they start to use it. There are instructions on how to use a pendulum out there.

If I want to know something more I'll use a pendulum to see it's answer. Like our leader of the the U.S. back in 2008...it told me before the election returns were in.

MOST I'd say are not interested in this work. Is it gospel, probably not.

I'd say MOST on C-D are not aware of this work.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 11-18-2017 at 01:16 PM..

Old 11-24-2017, 02:50 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,654,314 times
I went to a Reiki healer last month, and she used a pendulum to find the source of my complaints, not as a tool for healing. I think they are commonly used by alternative healers as a diagnostic tool.

Do not ask me how or why the pendulum works, but it seems to be pretty accurate and reliable. I go for a Reiki healer a few times per year, and I find it helpful.

Just because I don't fully understand something does not mean that I discount it. I am and ordained minister in a progressive Christian denomination. So, yeah, I do believe in many things that can not be scientifically explained or quantified. I have a masters degree, and I am a rational person. I believe in evolution. I'm not someone who is superstitious or gullible.

I also see allopathic medical doctors. There is a place for them also.

I'm open minded and do not see being of belief in God, or other supernatural things as being antagonistic with the trust that I have in science. Also, I am aware that mainstream medicine has a profit motive and is far from being without flaw.

Old 11-24-2017, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJourn View Post
I went to a Reiki healer last month, and she used a pendulum to find the source of my complaints, not as a tool for healing. I think they are commonly used by alternative healers as a diagnostic tool.

Do not ask me how or why the pendulum works, but it seems to be pretty accurate and reliable. I go for a Reiki healer a few times per year, and I find it helpful.

Just because I don't fully understand something does not mean that I discount it. I am and ordained minister in a progressive Christian denomination. So, yeah, I do believe in many things that can not be scientifically explained or quantified. I have a masters degree, and I am a rational person. I believe in evolution. I'm not someone who is superstitious or gullible.

I'm open minded and do not see being of belief in God, or other supernatural things as being antagonistic with the trust that I have in science. Also, I am aware that mainstream medicine has a profit motive and is far from being without flaw.

I've known of Reiki for years but don't think I ever had a session. When my sister was still alive a neighbor was a reiki healer and did some treatments on her, but my sister didn't stay with it and the neighbors moved away anyway.

There is also the Alexander Technique.

I am also OPEN to many many modalities and WHY NOT....it's a big world out there and many possibilities...would rather spend my money on healing techniques than some of the toy gadgets out there.

Old 07-28-2018, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulJourn View Post

It's body energy work...The body is so smart ..and in a thread going about using Dr. Google which I do but I also use Muscle Testing and the Pendulum...I've worked with this ENERGY work for years so it's not new to me...to others it's foreign and I see that here.

I have a nasty knee issue and working like H to save myself from a knee surgery...so lately as I look at the knee to me it looks like fluid build up on the inside of the knee(s)...so in doing Muscle Testing and Pendulum work, I "get" that there is fluid there. So now I'm working on a new ortho contact and working my way to see him soon...COULD BE getting the knee drained could give me a lot of relief.

https://www.healerslibrary.com/muscle-testing/

I too use allopathic medicine if I have to but limit it.

Old 07-28-2018, 11:10 AM

8,620 posts, read 5,648,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
How can a pendulum know what your body needs? I don't understand.

OTOH, I do believe that in the olde days when people dowsed for water, they were onto something. There are lots of tales of that working and later testing found that it had worked. It took a certain type of person who was either sensitive enough or specially trained, I would imagine. When our old time farmer neighbor suggested it for our well, he was serious. But these people who say they can dowse for water using a map, lol. That sounds like hokus pokus to me.

I know homeopathy can work, but again, in certain hands. Many homeopaths I've gone to were useless but a few really, really helped me. It depends upon something, I don't know what.

So what is pendulum testing?
A pendulum doesn't "know" anything - your higher self knows . . . the pendulum is just a tool to access higher knowledge that *you* (in your ego state) are not consciously aware of . . .

Old 07-28-2018, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
A pendulum doesn't "know" anything - your higher self knows . . . the pendulum is just a tool to access higher knowledge that *you* (in your ego state) are not consciously aware of . . .
Exactly, but I choose to use a lovely crystal pendulum -- one can make one with a piece of string with a needle hanging off it. It's our Energy and yes the self. When one starts this work, one programs it for the negative/positive replies from the body. It's amazing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine