Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 06:30 PM

3,122 posts, read 2,066,293 times

Advertisements

Chiluvr1228,

Probably because soybean crops are the most pesticide contaminated crops.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2016, 12:55 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,453,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Over 10 yrs ago when soy became the rage in our country, I was getting off dairymilk and thought soy would be a good replacement. I had no clue what I was doing to my thyroid.

I was going to a very evolved chiro who tested for allergies and when he saw me "dragging" myself into his office and when I talked about my fatigue...he tested me and soy was the major culprit. Then I went to work and learned all the could about soy and thyroid dsyfunction. I got off all Soy but never did buy the soy burgers etc. Some soy is found in products, but very little.

Do Soy Foods Negatively Affect Your Thyroid? / Downsides of Soy / Thyroid Disease Information Source - Articles/FAQs

People who still drink this stuff and I see people buying it in the market, have no idea what could be causing their fatigue issues.
More often the fatigue in most people is caused by weak adrenals rather than underactive Thyroid I grant you that Americans eat much too much soy though. The Asians eat very little of it in comparison.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:01 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,453,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warren zee View Post
Like the Asians, I eat very little dairy, and no red meat. I avoid poultry, but I eat fresh caught fish that is not farmed. Sometimes I eat tofu, which is not a "condiment" in Asia, it's a food.

My diet is mostly vegetable based, and I avoid GMO foods as much as possible. I eat organic.

In addition, I eat a low wheat diet. Grains that I will eat are non GMO brown rice and quinoa no more than two slices of bread a day.
The most commonly genetically engineered foods are corn and soy (unless it says it is certified organic). Cane sugar is also GMO unless organic as is beet sugar. You are getting GMO if you eat anything other than grass fed cows or organic chicken because cows and chicken are fed GMO corn. Some yellow squash and zucchini are genetically engineered too. So the "don't eat unless it is certified organic" rule applies here also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine