Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-20-2016, 12:13 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times

Advertisements

I deal with bodywide OA and my feet have been the last place on my body to have OA come to visit and never leave....my ankles are weak and FOR ME, body alignment is OFF since hip replacement in 2010....but when I wake up from a good night's sleep, I find when I do a deep massage on my feet, it gets circulation and blood flow going and "wakes up" that area of my body. I do feel a relief in my feet.

I know a massage therapist who does this deep work on OA and plan to go to her one of these days. In the meantime, deep work on my feet when I wake up and get out of bed HELPS, I use topicals too and a foot support on right foot, hip surgery side.

I use many topicals including Vicks, Topricin and essetial oils like oil of oregano and tea tree oil and recently I came across MSM cream by MRM. I use MRM MSM powder in my drinks 3 times a day and so I decided to use their cream. My goodness I feel like I'm getting some healing...

You can find it online and many positive reviews too. My feet are so worse in the last 5 yrs...since hip surgery and alignment of my body being so off.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2016, 10:55 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
You have mentioned your hip misalignment being kinda the root of a lot of problems. Do you have shoes that have been adjusted for the differential?

My late husband was born with one leg a little shorter, so had hip OA around his 40s.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-21-2016, 11:26 AM

Yes, I've finally made the adjustment with shoe lifts, but it wasn't until a couple yrs post op and the damage was done. A podiatrist brought the length issue to my attention...not the surgeon. Surgeon will admit nothing negative re: their jobs... I just thought all the issues were part of the post op healing etc etc. So much is changed with these major jobs.

Old 03-21-2016, 11:35 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Yes, I've finally made the adjustment with shoe lifts, but it wasn't until a couple yrs post op and the damage was done. A podiatrist brought the length issue to my attention...not the surgeon. Surgeon will admit nothing negative re: their jobs... I just thought all the issues were part of the post op healing etc etc. So much is changed with these major jobs.

You could have been born with the shortness I guess, my late husband was. It didn't cause him any pain til around 40. That's when the doc told him one leg was a little shorter. Glad you got the lifts!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-22-2016, 12:22 AM

I was not born with the shorter leg, this mess all came on after hip replacement. THe leg issues are discussed a lot from others who went thru this. I was good all my life prior.

Old 05-01-2016, 06:14 PM

4,696 posts, read 7,890,766 times
Will look into that cream you are rec.

Old 07-08-2016, 12:15 PM

I had a revelation from Topricin cream last night. I rub my knees with Topricin before I go to sleep and sleep all night in no knee pain. Last night I used Aspercream/Lidocaine as I got some on the recommendation of a friend and by god, I was awake at 2:20AM with knee pain. I knew right away that Topricin really saves me so much. I found out how great Topricin is by total accident.

There is something to homeopathic solutions, no doubt.

Old 01-17-2018, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I had a revelation from Topricin cream last night. I rub my knees with Topricin before I go to sleep and sleep all night in no knee pain. Last night I used Aspercream/Lidocaine as I got some on the recommendation of a friend and by god, I was awake at 2:20AM with knee pain. I knew right away that Topricin really saves me so much. I found out how great Topricin is by total accident.

There is something to homeopathic solutions, no doubt.
Well, I almost fell off my chair. Just heard on talk radio an ad for Topricin Fibro Cream. It must be new, they have a cream for general pain, foot therapy and now the Fibro blend of homeopathics. I was told I have Fibro, but don't know. Think I'll stick with the general Topricin pain product. I use many ointments to keep this body going.

Old 01-19-2018, 10:05 AM

4,901 posts, read 8,749,130 times
I have foot pain also, jaminhealth, from fibro I guess. I laugh sometimes when I think how I blame EVERY pain or weird twinge I have on the fibro...I say that when I die I'm going to have them put this on my headstone...."But it was just the fibro!" lol

I too find that a good foot rubdown before I get up in the morning helps...otherwise I have a weird twinge-y pain when I step down on it.

I'll have to look into that Topricin cream. My MIL might could use it also...she has a lot of knee pain and is always rubbing them with Aspercreme. Do you order it online or did you get it at a Walgreens or something like that?

Old 01-20-2018, 11:09 AM

I probably blame all my pains on arthritis and if the fibro is in there, it's all combined.

My feet are better in the last month or so and I still use Vicks rub on feet at night and during the day too, drop some essential oils in the Vicks.

Could be too feet pain could be helping by Cosamin DS that I'm taking into 3rd month for arthritis issues.

I have not bought the Topricin Fibro cream, and probably won't. I use Topricin all over pain relief product as it is. But it online and look for best prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine