Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2016, 11:16 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,811,026 times

Advertisements

We all need reminders and this is a lot of excellent reminders. I've heard a lot about the K Laser Class IV and if one can find a chiropractor who uses one it can help a lot. I found a chiro locally who uses one but I haven't gone yet as I'm working with self acupuncture at home now for mostly my knee, foot and shoulders. Doing self acupuncture just about daily can make a huge difference.

I have a new turmeric with ginger and I use a lot of the other suggestions. Sitting too LONG is a bear and compresses the back more.

I have not gone to the MJ route but not adverse, but don't want to smoke anything.

How the War on Drugs Has Caused More Harm Than Good
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 08:21 AM

7,841 posts, read 19,020,318 times
Over the past seven years, I've had great success for moderate pain relief with kratom. BUT, and this is an important BUT. It needs to be used in moderation and ideally not on consecutive days. Over time, tolerance develops, and one must guard against the temptation to use increasingly larger amounts. To keep tolerance in check, it's a good practice to take a break of 30 days or longer at least once a year. I've read many a story of people allowing their kratom use to get out of hand, using more than an ounce a day. At this level of use, kratom becomes more of a demon than a helper. If you decide to use kratom, tread cautiously. Design a usage plan ( amount and frequency ) and treat it like a sacred pledge. If you doubt your ability to do that, I strongly suggest that you avoid using kratom. Kratom can be a great ally or a fierce enemy, depending on your respect or lack of respect to the plant.

Old 04-08-2016, 11:06 AM

I've read enough about kratom from others and passing on this one. My pain issues are manageable so far with what I do.

Old 04-08-2016, 07:20 PM

Sorry I was unable to provide any new information for you. In the grand scheme of things, kratom is still mostly an unknown. Perhaps someone who had never heard of kratom previously, will read the link I provided and discover kratom for his or her benefit.

Though not related directly to pain relief, here's an interesting insight regarding kratom: During the 7 years I've been using kratom, I've not had a cold until just two days ago, 85 days into a break from kratom. The break has been long enough to weaken the immune sytem stimulation that kratom apparently provides. Thanks to kratom, I had completely forgotten how nasty a cold can be! Until this cold kicked my butt, I had forgotten about the immune system benefit. Whatta nasty reminder.

Last edited by CosmicWizard; 04-08-2016 at 07:32 PM..

Old 04-08-2016, 09:30 PM

I'm headed into 21 yrs on grape seed ex and have NOT had a cold in all these yrs. Had to take a weeks' break when I had hip replacement in 2010 (not great outcome) but right back on after surgery...and not used an allergy/sinus drug in all these years too.

Old 04-08-2016, 10:52 PM

^Fantastic!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine