Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 11:26 AM

48,518 posts, read 34,815,517 times

Advertisements

I do know I love my tub soaks and they always include epsom salts!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2016, 11:28 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times
https://www.city-data.com/forum/daily...h-journal.html

Deficient magnesium could really be a culprit of the afib. two friends just went thru the afib conditions and they are NOW taking increased magnesium. But hospital sent them home with many heart drugs...which they are working to decrease.

Old 09-01-2016, 10:28 PM

17,552 posts, read 13,334,227 times
ASib is a life or death condition. DO NOT MESS WITH NATURAL MEDS, it can cause a blood clot and kill you.

Blood clots in the heart travel to one of 3 places, and none are good! Stroke, pulmonary embolism or heart attack

If you want to play Russian roulette with "natural cures", go ahead. It's your life

Old 09-01-2016, 10:43 PM

If people worked with more prevention tactics, they would not have the afib issues.

Magnesium is critical, COQ10 important.

Old 09-02-2016, 05:03 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,223,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
https://www.city-data.com/forum/daily...h-journal.html

Deficient magnesium could really be a culprit of the afib. two friends just went thru the afib conditions and they are NOW taking increased magnesium. But hospital sent them home with many heart drugs...which they are working to decrease.
There are MANY causes of A Fib, most have to do with damage to the heart muscle

Magnesium deficiency is not "THE" cause of A Fib or likely even "A" cause of A Fib

There are no supplements that will "cure" A Fib once it is present

Symptoms and causes - Atrial fibrillation - Mayo Clinic

Old 11-21-2016, 07:41 AM

7,115 posts, read 12,657,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
There are MANY causes of A Fib, most have to do with damage to the heart muscle

Magnesium deficiency is not "THE" cause of A Fib or likely even "A" cause of A Fib

There are no supplements that will "cure" A Fib once it is present

Symptoms and causes - Atrial fibrillation - Mayo Clinic

Other researchers have found that magnesium and potassium deficiencies CAN cause A Fib:

Mineral Deficiencies - Atrial Fibrillation: Resources for Patients

When I started supplementing with magnesium, my A Fib resolved.

70 - 80% of Americans consume less Mag than the RDA and it's almost impossible to get enough from food sources.

If one takes a diuretic (non potassium-sparing), one is almost certain to have mineral deficiencies.

Old 11-21-2016, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Other researchers have found that magnesium and potassium deficiencies CAN cause A Fib:

Mineral Deficiencies - Atrial Fibrillation: Resources for Patients

When I started supplementing with magnesium, my A Fib resolved.

70 - 80% of Americans consume less Mag than the RDA and it's almost impossible to get enough from food sources.

If one takes a diuretic (non potassium-sparing), one is almost certain to have mineral deficiencies.
Good for you on the afib "resolve". Keep talking up magnesium, I do, whether people want to hear is another issue.

Old 11-21-2016, 11:21 AM

7,115 posts, read 12,657,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Good for you on the afib "resolve". Keep talking up magnesium, I do, whether people want to hear is another issue.
Yes! I agree. Magnesium is so crucial to our health and most of us --whether or not we take diuretics--are in short supply.

I wonder if my HBP was actually caused by a shortage of mag as some studies report...then I was prescribed a diuretic which only made matters worse.

How I wish Western allopathic doctors would be taught an integrative health approach. Most medical schools teach a total19 hours on nutrition! That's a sad commentary on the orientation of most allopathic medical docs..

Allopathic medicine has many uses and has saved many lives...but personally, if we truly believe in "First Do No Harm" I think our diet/nutrition and mineral and vitamin balances need to be examined first.

Old 11-21-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleDolphin View Post
Yes! I agree. Magnesium is so crucial to our health and most of us --whether or not we take diuretics--are in short supply.

I wonder if my HBP was actually caused by a shortage of mag as some studies report...then I was prescribed a diuretic which only made matters worse.

How I wish Western allopathic doctors would be taught an integrative health approach. Most medical schools teach a total19 hours on nutrition! That's a sad commentary on the orientation of most allopathic medical docs..

Allopathic medicine has many uses and has saved many lives...but personally, if we truly believe in "First Do No Harm" I think our diet/nutrition and mineral and vitamin balances need to be examined first.
Yes, it makes me wonder too if all these deficiencies are the reason for the health issues. I think too for me, I have been taking Nsaids for years before and after hip replacement and this drug could have been my culprit too which pushed me to the drugs. Mag deficiency too. Allopathic medicine is not about prevention, pathetic but true.

I've been off Nsaids about 2 months now and BP normalized but I still take the meds. As they say people are on them for life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine