Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2016, 02:46 PM

17,533 posts, read 39,113,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Well, I'm now part of the Sonne 5 gang...product just arrived and I took my first tsp and not bad, I don't have a problem with taking things that don't taste great...I'll take a tsp before bed and we'll see IF I can feel any shift with stiff knees, in TIME.
Good luck with it, I personally feel it helps with aches and pains of all kinds. I have been taking it probably a couple months now, and I noticed fairly quickly that my old injuries hurt less and I feel more flexible. I have even been able to stretch out my expensive body work so I don't have to do it as often. I'm pretty sure it's from this oil. I just ordered another bottle.

By the way, I only take one spoon a day.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2016, 02:58 PM

3,121 posts, read 2,065,176 times
Quote:
Well, I'm now part of the Sonne 5 gang...product just arrived and I took my first tsp and not bad, I don't have a problem with taking things that don't taste great...I'll take a tsp before bed and we'll see IF I can feel any shift with stiff knees, in TIME.
You are increasing omega 3 so it should help. If it doesn't, look at your diet to see if you can reduce your omega 6 intake.

Omega 3 is anti-inflammatory and omega 6 is inflammatory. That is why the intake should be about equal or a ratio of 1:1.

The standard American diet is too high in omega 6 and too low in omega 3 which results in inflammation. Inflammation is a major cause of many chronic conditions and illnesses.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:09 AM

119 posts, read 126,491 times
Cod Liver Oil helps lower inflammation in three different ways; The Omega 3, The Vitamin A, and the Vitamin D. Lowing inflammation will help with arthritis.

You can find a CLO tablet with 100% of the RDA of Vitamin A and D but just be o the look out for any of the side effects from too much Vitamin A. All you need to do is stop though and the symptoms will reverse.

As another poster said, I would stop taking the fish oil and just take the CLO.

But taking CLO is only one step in lowering inflammation. Lowering Omega 6 and saturated fat in the diet will also lower inflammation.

Old 06-22-2016, 11:07 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
I had been taking 1 tsp most days, some 2 tsps and then I read on the bottle 3 tsps daily...so I'm going to the 3 tsps spread thru the day.

BBC News | HEALTH | Cod liver oil benefits confirmed

Old 06-23-2016, 08:15 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,875,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
My wife doesn't like them either. She ate them for a while, using different recipes but she never liked them. Both of us believe that you shouldn't eat something you don't like. Life's too short.

She ended up going with krill oil for two main reasons. Like sardines, they don't live long so don't accumulate high concentrations of mercury and contaminants; and it is more stable than regular fish oil, takes longer to oxidize. She admits that the benefits were greater with sardines, but ... no.
My husband and I both take krill oil, at the recommendation of our doctor. Besides lowering "bad cholesterol" quickly and safely, it is also great for arthritis inflammation and pain. I don't really have any significant arthritis but I do have two messed up achilles tendons which tend to cause ankle and knee pain occasionally and I've seen a HUGE positive difference in that in just the few weeks I've been taking the krill oil. My husband has some old football injuries that often cause him pain and the krill oil has also helped a lot with those joints and aches and pains as well. Plus, his cholesterol levels dropped dramatically in just a few weeks. Mine weren't very high to begin with but I think that krill oil does have good overall benefits.

Old 06-23-2016, 10:50 AM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
My husband and I both take krill oil, at the recommendation of our doctor. Besides lowering "bad cholesterol" quickly and safely, it is also great for arthritis inflammation and pain. I don't really have any significant arthritis but I do have two messed up achilles tendons which tend to cause ankle and knee pain occasionally and I've seen a HUGE positive difference in that in just the few weeks I've been taking the krill oil. My husband has some old football injuries that often cause him pain and the krill oil has also helped a lot with those joints and aches and pains as well. Plus, his cholesterol levels dropped dramatically in just a few weeks. Mine weren't very high to begin with but I think that krill oil does have good overall benefits.
Krill is one oil I have NOT tried and good to hear it's worked for you. My OA issues are chronic/major and I'm not concerned about cholesterol as we're told to fear. I've read so much on that issue and trying to relax about the fear issue. I'm going to give CLO 3 times per day a good trial, at least 3 months I'm sure. It would sure be great if the CLO helped me....aging body doesn't make things better, I know that one.

Old 06-24-2016, 05:36 PM

I take both krill and CLO. Because of this, I only take the one spoon of CLO per day. For me this is plenty.

Old 06-25-2016, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Krill is one oil I have NOT tried and good to hear it's worked for you. My OA issues are chronic/major and I'm not concerned about cholesterol as we're told to fear. I've read so much on that issue and trying to relax about the fear issue. I'm going to give CLO 3 times per day a good trial, at least 3 months I'm sure. It would sure be great if the CLO helped me....aging body doesn't make things better, I know that one.
Why do we have to get old? It's such a pain.

Old 06-26-2016, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Why do we have to get old? It's such a pain.
I don't mind getting old - I just don't wanna look or FEEL old.....

Old 06-27-2016, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I don't mind getting old - I just don't wanna look or FEEL old.....
Therein lies the rub.

I like that I'm smarter than I used to be though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine