Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 10:49 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,777,137 times

Advertisements

Just thinking about this topic since there is a post on H&W and a friend just recently had G.B. removed due to surgery to remove tumor, she had part of stomach removed too. A major 9 hr surgery. Some are necessary surgeries.

Crohn's Disease and IBS - Why To Never Have Your Gall Bladder Removed

I have a post here on Bile Acids and I've been taking them for a couple months now and my bowel activity is so improved. I have my G.B.

https://truebalancewellness.com/unne...adder-surgery/

Last edited by jaminhealth; 10-07-2017 at 11:32 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2017, 08:59 PM

5,182 posts, read 5,257,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Just thinking about this topic since there is a post on H&W and a friend just recently had G.B. removed due to surgery to remove tumor, she had part of stomach removed too. A major 9 hr surgery. Some are necessary surgeries.

Crohn's Disease and IBS - Why To Never Have Your Gall Bladder Removed

I have a post here on Bile Acids and I've been taking them for a couple months now and my bowel activity is so improved. I have my G.B.

https://truebalancewellness.com/unne...adder-surgery/

Late wife was one of the first to have her GB removed via laparoscope. Discharged from the hospital the following day, as opposed to the week my grandmother stayed in the hospital 10 years earlier for "open" gall bladder removal. Wife was glad for the surgery as pain that she suffered vanished permanently.

Few years later she underwent a major operation known as the Whipple procedure: 1/2 of the stomach, part of the pancreas, and the entire duodenum (1st part of the small intestine were removed). She suffered for several months with pain after this procedure. However, it had nothing to do with the GB removal. She had a duodenal growth for years and then they decided to remove it when it stared growing and became pre-cancerous. It was located in a position that required the dangerous Whipple.

She never developed Crohn's, IBD, or any large intestine disorder.

Old 10-07-2017, 11:15 PM

23,338 posts, read 18,903,694 times
It would be enlightening to see what percentage of gall bladder removal patients actually end up with Crohn's or IBD afterward. While I only know three people personally who have had recent gall bladder removal surgery (usually after months of dietary restrictions trying to avoid it) none of them had problems later.

Old 10-08-2017, 12:53 AM

48,544 posts, read 34,904,021 times
I would have dug the darn thing out myself if the doctor didn't do it, 10 years of excruciating pain. Had it done via laparoscopy went home same day.

I did have IBS for about a decade, but it seemed to be more stress related. 100% more pleasant than gallstones though.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 10-08-2017, 12:58 AM

671 posts, read 446,115 times
Good luck getting a doc to remove just the stone and not the whole GB. It's more work for them to get the stone out. Easier for them to just yank it out from your navel.

Old 10-08-2017, 07:55 PM

37,119 posts, read 41,309,818 times
My gallbladder has been gone for several years. I do not miss it or the pain it was causing.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:50 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,777,137 times
I'm glad my 79 yr old G. B. is working good. Guess my many years of Alt Med is making sense and working in my body. I will always do all I know how to so I can avoid the surgeon's knife.

Old 10-08-2017, 09:17 PM

37,119 posts, read 41,309,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I'm glad my 79 yr old G. B. is working good. Guess my many years of Alt Med is making sense and working in my body. I will always do all I know how to so I can avoid the surgeon's knife.
If it's "working good" why do you need to take bile acids?

Old 10-09-2017, 05:20 AM

14,539 posts, read 21,273,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllisonHB View Post
It would be enlightening to see what percentage of gall bladder removal patients actually end up with Crohn's or IBD afterward. While I only know three people personally who have had recent gall bladder removal surgery (usually after months of dietary restrictions trying to avoid it) none of them had problems later.
I had my gallbladder removed in an emergency situation. It was badly infected. The medication for the infection didn't work and it was spreading. The actual surgery was done on a Sunday morning, very much emergency situation. I already had an ileostomy which lost the portion shared by the large and small, which is where many nutrients we take in expensive pills are absorbed. If you do. I eat a good diet, but also take a lot of suppliments with many in sublingual form. They have to be readily absorbed no matter what the nature of it.

How did I come to take these, some advise from a dietician or expert? No. Reading about them and where they matter. The only one which I was told I HAD to take was b12. I discovered myself that only the readily absorbed version was going to help. I do do research, and it has made a very huge difference. For instance, capsuls are one of the maybe's. Maybe all at once, down to is never absorbed at all.

I need to pick a doctor with medicare and am hoping to find one who will appreciate that their pills may or more likely won't do what the label says, and I take a lot of suppliments because it works. And I also find it interesting that they don't even ASK if you have had some kind of surgery which changes basic things about you, and may make stuff they give you useless. For instance, my normal ph is highly acidic. This effects a multitude of things. But its that way because the 'normal' functions of so much are just missing.

I'm getting tired of 'agents' for some company telling me I need this great drug plan because you might end up taking some expensive medication. But nothing has changed things inside that I am not 'normal' and nothing ever will, and before I consider it, I want to know just HOW the body absorbs it, if the acidic balance will negate it and so on.

I will continue to study drugs, and whatever else is said to be needed in light of how my body works and explain it to the doctor, and say no if I feel it will cause more harm.

Old 10-09-2017, 05:35 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,154,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieKarm View Post
Good luck getting a doc to remove just the stone and not the whole GB. It's more work for them to get the stone out. Easier for them to just yank it out from your navel.
That's not the point.

If you made one gallstone, you'll make more in the future. An obstructed bile duct causing rupture of the gallbladder has an extremely high mortality rate. Once you're in there (the danger in surgery is not the procedure, but the risk of anesthesia) take the whole thing out and minimize the risk of future problems. [Yes, you can get ductal stones after the gallbladder is gone, but it's rare.]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine