Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-13-2018, 09:20 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,733,896 times

Advertisements

Grape Seed Extract

All the years I've been taking Pycnogenol and then Grape Seed Extract, I've believed they essentially clean and thin the blood. That's the reason those who take Pharma blood thinners can't take both...

Thought about this since a member on H&W is posting about his blood clot issue.

Just another of the MANY benefits of these OPC's.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2018, 10:35 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,127,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Grape Seed Extract

All the years I've been taking Pycnogenol and then Grape Seed Extract, I've believed they essentially clean and thin the blood. That's the reason those who take Pharma blood thinners can't take both...

Thought about this since a member on H&W is posting about his blood clot issue.

Just another of the MANY benefits of these OPC's.
It sounds as though GSE is helpful for so many health issues. Looking forward to seeing how it works for my allergies.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz22 View Post
It sounds as though GSE is helpful for so many health issues. Looking forward to seeing how it works for my allergies.
A friend I've played bridge with for years lives with allergies and asthma. I gave her one of my books on Grape Seed Extract by Clark Hanson, ND and that convinced her to get on Grape Seed and she's been on ever since, her asthma is so reduced and with her success she got her husband on it for his general well being. She has to really watch her foods as she's allergic to so much.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:32 AM

689 posts, read 973,055 times
One of my former neighbors had a sister with the auto-immune disorder scleroderma. She absolutely swore by her grape seed extract supplement and felt certain that it kept her disease from progressing. This was over 20 years ago!

I'm going to a new ND for a tune-up and an evaluation of my current supplement regimen. I'm going to see if this would be a good one to add for basic immune boosting.

As far as blood clots, I take a lot of antioxidants and other sups that naturally thin the blood a bit. Though I guess there's a time and place for pharma intervention for serious situations, routinely, there's so many natural substances as well as life-style modifications that can help prevent this.

Old 02-14-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaylaM View Post
One of my former neighbors had a sister with the auto-immune disorder scleroderma. She absolutely swore by her grape seed extract supplement and felt certain that it kept her disease from progressing. This was over 20 years ago!

I'm going to a new ND for a tune-up and an evaluation of my current supplement regimen. I'm going to see if this would be a good one to add for basic immune boosting.

As far as blood clots, I take a lot of antioxidants and other sups that naturally thin the blood a bit. Though I guess there's a time and place for pharma intervention for serious situations, routinely, there's so many natural substances as well as life-style modifications that can help prevent this.
Interesting on the scleroderma patient, I met a person thru a friend a good 25 yrs ago and she was living with this disorder and I wasn't even aware of pycnogenol or grape seed ex and even if I was on it, I knew so little at that time except it got rid of my allergy issues...but she died about 15 yrs ago or so. I can see where it would work on the blood issue, circulation.

My thinking after all the years on grape seed, IF more and more were taking it, much much less pharma drugs would be sold. People could keep themselves much healthier.

Last edited by jaminhealth; 02-14-2018 at 10:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine