Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-06-2018, 07:50 AM

5,947 posts, read 5,479,098 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
The above is for 90 count...30 count is $24. I don't know the recommended dose.

It mentions like an indian ginseng and I have to be careful with ginseng due to elevating BP.
It is known to lower blood pressure as well as blood sugar. It's also known to help with Cholesterol issues.

It has many uses, too many to list but here is the WebMd page on it.

https://www.webmd.com/vitamins/ai/in...53/ashwagandha

I don't plan on taking it every day. One thing I can say for it is it drastically improved my sleep patterns. I get a LOT more REM sleep and feel very refreshed the next day. It's almost like the feeling when you get so much sleep that you wake up and look at the clock just to see that you have several more hours of sleep. The actual effects start in about 45 minutes and last about 4 hours on the dose I was taking.
Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2018, 10:37 AM

29,266 posts, read 16,760,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
It is known to lower blood pressure as well as blood sugar. It's also known to help with Cholesterol issues.

It has many uses, too many to list but here is the WebMd page on it.

I don't plan on taking it every day. One thing I can say for it is it drastically improved my sleep patterns. I get a LOT more REM sleep and feel very refreshed the next day. It's almost like the feeling when you get so much sleep that you wake up and look at the clock just to see that you have several more hours of sleep. The actual effects start in about 45 minutes and last about 4 hours on the dose I was taking.
I get good REM sleep but do wake up like I've been run over by a truck. Lots of body pain from OA I live with so that's a lot of it and low morning cortisol and not a spring chicken anymore. Maybe I'll get some experiment again.

Old 07-07-2018, 03:53 PM

3,179 posts, read 2,130,928 times
Quote:
I just discovered this herb and I highly recommend it for anyone needing this kind of help. It does work, no question about that. It did for me anyway. It may take a few days to kick in. For me it worked on the second day. I take it to relax in the evenings but the initial effect is a bit of a stimulant. The only way I can describe it is "Stimulating and Relaxing" at the same time. After a while though it does become more relaxing. It is supposed to help with other health issues as well.

As with many other herbs/supplements, most doctors don't or wouldn't know about this. They only know Pharma drugs.

15 Surprising Benefits Of Ashwagandha

This is the one I purchased.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Ashwagandha is a good one, I discovered it several years ago when looking for something to ease job/settling estate stress. It works and last year I even grew my own plant.

Old 07-10-2018, 08:01 AM

3,124 posts, read 2,070,918 times
Quote:
I just discovered this herb and I highly recommend it for anyone needing this kind of help. It does work, no question about that. It did for me anyway. It may take a few days to kick in. For me it worked on the second day. I take it to relax in the evenings but the initial effect is a bit of a stimulant. The only way I can describe it is "Stimulating and Relaxing" at the same time. After a while though it does become more relaxing. It is supposed to help with other health issues as well.

As with many other herbs/supplements, most doctors don't or wouldn't know about this. They only know Pharma drugs.

15 Surprising Benefits Of Ashwagandha

This is the one I purchased.

My wife used it a few years ago for hypo thyroid while she was working on her diet (autoimmune disease). It worked but I have to caution not to take it if you are taking anything else for low thyroid - it can induce hyperactive thyroid. There are other possible side effects and interactions to check into before taking this or any other herbal remedy.

Old 07-18-2018, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplySagacious View Post
My wife used it a few years ago for hypo thyroid while she was working on her diet (autoimmune disease). It worked but I have to caution not to take it if you are taking anything else for low thyroid - it can induce hyperactive thyroid. There are other possible side effects and interactions to check into before taking this or any other herbal remedy.
It's best to do research before mixing it with any other medications.

Quote:
Thyroid hormone interacts with ASHWAGANDHA

The body naturally produces thyroid hormones. Ashwagandha might increase how much thyroid hormone the body produces. Taking ashwagandha with thyroid hormone pills might cause too much thyroid hormone in the body, and increase the effects and side effects of thyroid hormone.
There are other interactions as well. This page lists them under "Side Effects" and "Interactions"

Old 07-18-2018, 01:05 PM

I found this interesting video on this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PZOCGGu3Js

Old 07-23-2018, 06:04 PM

67 posts, read 68,287 times
For the ashwa users... What is your daily dose? Mine is 1400mg. Been taking it for the past couple of months.

I fill up my own capsules. Many of the brands have fillers in them.

Old 07-23-2018, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1000Calories View Post
For the ashwa users... What is your daily dose? Mine is 1400mg. Been taking it for the past couple of months.

I fill up my own capsules. Many of the brands have fillers in them.
This is the first and only one I have bought. Dosage is 650mg x 3 = 1950mg

The quality seems high, although I have nothing to compare it to. It's $15 for a 30 day supply. When I got it, there was a an offer for a free bottle which I have already received. This contains only root powder and black pepper extract.

Old 07-15-2021, 01:22 AM

13 posts, read 7,417 times
my therapist advises these drops, there are Ashwagandha root, panax ginseng root, rhodiola rosea root and holy basil. I have had anxiety and panic attacks since I was 14 years old. I am now 45. After years of being misdiagnosed by several doctors I began my own research. All of my symptoms matched those of adrenal fatigue. I found this product and within three weeks my life was changed completely. My mind is now calm and my ability to focus and concentrate is the best it’s ever been.

Old 07-15-2021, 04:12 AM

169 posts, read 130,177 times
Be careful with Ashwaganda, it made me go from hypothyroid to hyperthyroid.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine