Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2018, 01:56 PM

29,267 posts, read 16,731,407 times

Advertisements

I'd wager to believe those who own stock in pharma drugs, have their beliefs = money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2018, 02:10 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,646,935 times
Because of the internet and current politics, the public gets to see that great numbers of immoral people abound.

I used to project my values onto other people and even companies. I don't do that anymore.

Old 07-08-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
I never tried to stop you from expressing your beliefs. I expressed my belief that your belief is wrong. If you want to convince anyone of your belief, you would need to show some evidence.

It may be an alternative forum, but we don't just dream up our beliefs.
Also: You posted on this alternative forum out of desperation because you were not allowed to post your beliefs on another forum - but yet, you do not "believe" in alternative methods of healing, so not sure what this discussion is about (in this thread) anymore.

Your OP I agreed with - but the argument you are having with another poster has nothing to do with "alternative medicine," and even if you are arguing points-of-view (beliefs) about diet and exercise, those are not "alternative medicine" beliefs. I think you can find those beliefs in Mayo clinic and other traditional medical model organizations online - it's kind of common knowledge these days that diet and exercise is a basic tenant of health.

Old 07-08-2018, 02:55 PM

8,228 posts, read 3,417,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobspez View Post
You just make this stuff up as you go along. You sound like a well known orange haired politician. Your mind is just closed.
I care more about evidence and logic than what your opinion happens to be.

Old 07-08-2018, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodysbusiness View Post
I guess you didn't read the "sticky" for this sub-forum. No evidence is needed and to request it goes against the terms of this forum's rules.

At base of the study of quantum physics is the teaching (based on an experiment) that when the researcher (x) interacts with the subject (y), the subject is changed (z). It is a very simple concept, with huge implications, especially for "objectivist" research (which is materialistic and does not allow for the researcher's influence to influence the subject as even an acknowledgment).

To address you first sentence: I did not accuse you of trying to stop me from expressing my beliefs - I did point out that my belief differs from yours, AND that your opinion is your belief. A lot of people get confused about what they perceive as "facts" and "reality" - and falsely think their beliefs are facts.

Per Abraham Hicks: "Beliefs are just thoughts you keep thinking."

I have attempted to deconstruct my entire life and all of my key beliefs to find the source. Most of the "beliefs" came from the environment (parents, school, church, community).

There is a saying "Don't believe everything you think."
There is value in trying to be scientific and logical, when evaluating medical ideas. Expressing opinions with no scientific evidence is not going to convince anyone.

Old 07-08-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Also: You posted on this alternative forum out of desperation because you were not allowed to post your beliefs on another forum - but yet, you do not "believe" in alternative methods of healing, so not sure what this discussion is about (in this thread) anymore.

Your OP I agreed with - but the argument you are having with another poster has nothing to do with "alternative medicine," and even if you are arguing points-of-view (beliefs) about diet and exercise, those are not "alternative medicine" beliefs. I think you can find those beliefs in Mayo clinic and other traditional medical model organizations online - it's kind of common knowledge these days that diet and exercise is a basic tenant of health.
My post is not about mainstream vs alternative medicine. My post is about how science is being misused to promote harmful drugs.

I certainly did NOT post this out of desperation. Can't imagine why anyone would get desperate about posting on an internet forum.

Anything that criticizes mainstream medicine, or the drug industry, in any way, is not allowed on the regular health forum. I didn't realize that, and kept trying. Finally realized it is not allowed at all.

So this is my post, and here it is. It's about the article I linked, which it seems no one has bothered to read yet.

Old 07-08-2018, 03:04 PM

Quote:
There is value in trying to be scientific and logical, when evaluating medical ideas. Expressing opinions with no scientific evidence is not going to convince anyone.
According to you.

And I don't believe in trying to convince anyone of anything.

It's all vibration. They are either able to perceive info, or not.

Old 07-08-2018, 03:07 PM

Quote:
My post is not about mainstream vs alternative medicine. My post is about how science is being misused to promote harmful drugs.

I certainly did NOT post this out of desperation. Can't imagine why anyone would get desperate about posting on an internet forum.

Anything that criticizes mainstream medicine, or the drug industry, in any way, is not allowed on the regular health forum. I didn't realize that, and kept trying. Finally realized it is not allowed at all.

So this is my post, and here it is. It's about the article I linked, which it seems no one has bothered to read yet.
I understand why you posted here - it was because you COULD NOT post elsewhere - and you later stated you do not "believe" in alternative medicine. So, as I stated, I understand your initial post (the OP here), and I agree with your premise about science being used to "promote harmful drugs." But I also believe in natural remedies and lots and lots of alternative healing methods.

Just being against the status quo is not "alternative medicine" related.

Maybe you should have taken your argument to Great Debates or something.

Old 07-08-2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
I understand why you posted here - it was because you COULD NOT post elsewhere - and you later stated you do not "believe" in alternative medicine. So, as I stated, I understand your initial post (the OP here), and I agree with your premise about science being used to "promote harmful drugs." But I also believe in natural remedies and lots and lots of alternative healing methods.

Just being against the status quo is not "alternative medicine" related.

Maybe you should have taken your argument to Great Debates or something.
I never said I do not believe in alternative medicine! I am not promoting it. Some alternative medicine probably works, and some probably doesn't. I don't have any opinion on most of it.

I said I believe the holistic philosophy of alternative medicine. It makes sense scientifically and logically.

I think energy healing might work, including acupuncture, reiki, homeopathy, etc. But I don't have an opinion because I don't have direct experience with them, and there is very little scientific research on them.

I know that yoga works, because that's what I do myself.

Old 07-08-2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
I never said I do not believe in alternative medicine! I am not promoting it. Some alternative medicine probably works, and some probably doesn't. I don't have any opinion on most of it.

I said I believe the holistic philosophy of alternative medicine. It makes sense scientifically and logically.

I think energy healing might work, including acupuncture, reiki, homeopathy, etc. But I don't have an opinion because I don't have direct experience with them, and there is very little scientific research on them.

I know that yoga works, because that's what I do myself.
No scientific research on acupuncture? Really?

Your experience of yoga is anecdotal, not scientific, but you make an exception for demands for science if it's you, right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine