Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2018, 07:32 PM

987 posts, read 783,628 times

Advertisements

I needed a new RX for Contacts. So I went to get an eye exam and the Optometrist said I have a thin film on one outer edge of my eye of cholesterol. I am grateful that he told me, first time being told this news.
I googled it, but really did not find anything. I am just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.
Background:
I am of Italian decent and female mid forties no kids and single, pretty stress free life, with a lot of Italian food lol

BTW, I can still See
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 07:39 PM

29,266 posts, read 16,824,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul359 View Post
I needed a new RX for Contacts. So I went to get an eye exam and the Optometrist said I have a thin film on one outer edge of my eye of cholesterol. I am grateful that he told me, first time being told this news.
I googled it, but really did not find anything. I am just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.
Background:
I am of Italian decent and female mid forties no kids and single, pretty stress free life, with a lot of Italian food lol

BTW, I can still See
Another cholesterol scare. I was told by an optometrist probably 20 yrs ago that he saw cholesterol in my eyes...well, I'm 80 never did a thing and use eye supplements and doing fine, no cataracts and vision is clear. I'm half Italian if that means anything in this issue. Female and 80.

Oh what did the eye doc recommend.

Old 09-27-2018, 08:04 PM

987 posts, read 783,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
Another cholesterol scare. I was told by an optometrist probably 20 yrs ago that he saw cholesterol in my eyes...well, I'm 80 never did a thing and use eye supplements and doing fine, no cataracts and vision is clear. I'm half Italian if that means anything in this issue. Female and 80.

Oh what did the eye doc recommend.
To see a D0ctor about the issue. Last time that I involved Western Medicine Doctors (Kaiser) they almost killed me with hydrochlorothiazide and lisoprinol.
I have a naturopathic doctor who oversees my health. I am on the fence about vaccinations, hit or miss.

I commend you for making it to 80! I am not quite there yet, and to be honest; I do not want to get there. Not saying I am suicidal. But I think that growing old sucks. It is not for the weak.

But I admit, I do need to corral myself into the stable sometimes because I am still sowing my wild oats, and pushing 50... lol I have to police myself lol

Has anyone tried Bioidentical Hormones? That is my next step

Old 09-27-2018, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lostsoul359 View Post
To see a D0ctor about the issue. Last time that I involved Western Medicine Doctors (Kaiser) they almost killed me with hydrochlorothiazide and lisoprinol.
I have a naturopathic doctor who oversees my health. I am on the fence about vaccinations, hit or miss.

I commend you for making it to 80! I am not quite there yet, and to be honest; I do not want to get there. Not saying I am suicidal. But I think that growing old sucks. It is not for the weak.

But I admit, I do need to corral myself into the stable sometimes because I am still sowing my wild oats, and pushing 50... lol I have to police myself lol

Has anyone tried Bioidentical Hormones? That is my next step
How to get rid of cholesterol deposits around eyes naturally - Cholesterol Guardian

I do take extra Vit C daily and other antioxidants and no clue about any cholesterol in my eyes now, I don't see eye docs for for about 8 yrs.

And I'm not on that fence as you say. Good to hear you are seeing naturopath. My daughter is seeing one now as she's been thru the mill with allopathic docs. Life is good, you are young and keep doing what you are doing...

I've never done the hormone therapy you mention but do other therapy from my integrative MD's suggestions about 20 yrs ago.

Old 09-28-2018, 12:11 PM

OP: I really thought I posted this link on remedies on ridding eye cholesterol...maybe I didn't. I never had any of this info when I was told about 20 yrs aqo that I had chol in my eyes...but 20 yrs later I'm fine, so I've been doing something that works in my eyes. Can't help but think the antioxidants.

https://www.top10homeremedies.com/ho...ound-eyes.html

Old 09-28-2018, 12:27 PM

48,581 posts, read 35,009,850 times
Arcus senilis is a gray or white arc visible above and below the outer part of the cornea — the clear, dome-like covering over the front of the eye. Eventually, the arc may become a complete ring around the colored portion (iris) of your eye.

Arcus senilis is common in older adults. It's caused by fat (lipid) deposits deep in the edge of the cornea. It isn't related to high cholesterol, however. Arcus senilis doesn't affect vision, nor does it require treatment.

An arc or ring around the iris sometimes occurs in younger people who have severe cases of high cholesterol and high triglycerides passed down through families (familial hyperlipidemia). In people with familial hyperlipidemia, this typically occurs before age 45.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-...s/faq-20058306
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 09-28-2018, 12:32 PM

This issue can happen anytime as one ages, I guess, and I went for eye exams all my life and was told this at about 60...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine