Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2020, 09:34 PM

1,974 posts, read 1,101,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parnassia View Post
HPS contains traces of some minerals that aren't found in ordinary table salt but the percentages are small. It has fewer processing-related additives than ordinary table salt. It is still basically sodium chloride. If HBP is a concern, adding salt to your diet hoping to get some additional minerals (that you can get other ways) wouldn't be a great idea.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition...OC_TITLE_HDR_7
Agree, ultimately it is just salt, which is bad for your blood pressure. Long story

-Low salt(eating out is very high salt), ask for low salt meats at the deli.
-Manage your sugar(around 80 resting blood test), bread/pasta is the hidden sugar in most diets, like pizza.
-Less fried foods
-Natto and teaspoon fish oil or cod liver oil + full spectrum vit E
-Exercise, mix in some HIIT exercise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2020, 08:51 AM

68 posts, read 43,821 times
I wonder how many that are on BP meds are overweight or obese. I had to take BP meds when I was in my late 20's dues to being fat (240 5' 10" male). Started low carb over 10 years ago and got my BMI in the normal range and was able to stop the meds.

Old 11-10-2020, 09:50 AM

2,533 posts, read 3,098,493 times
After five pages, the O.P. hasn’t been back to clarify?

Old 11-29-2020, 07:49 PM

6,932 posts, read 6,866,775 times
I realise many of you dont want to hear this... but we are steered towards medications to solve problems rather than educated towards eating healthier and natural products are often the basis for new discoveries of medications. I do not think you can extract something from a plant, put it in a pill, and say that that substance is the thing which is doing the job. It isn't, it is the whole plant which is doing the job, and it is the pill which is making someone a lot of money. You cannot make much profit from growing the plants, particularly if they are weeds or common to find in the wild.

Our health system across the world is really screwed up.

After consulting your doctor, I would investigate intermittant fasting and meditation.

Old 11-30-2020, 04:53 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,709,114 times
Default Mods

this thread is in the Alternative Medicine thread.
The OP asked about solutions to high bp which are NOT medicines.

Please alert the posters that they are in an ALTERNATIVE health forum.

Old 11-30-2020, 06:58 AM

1,974 posts, read 1,101,065 times
I think this might have started in Health and Wellness, probably get more eyes on it that way.

Old 11-30-2020, 09:44 AM

3,179 posts, read 2,127,268 times
My spouse has high BP and he is now taking several kinds of meds for it. I hope he eventually can cut back on them, since they have side effects like swelling in the legs.

I take supplements to regulate BP from the vitamin store, along with potassium, calcium and magnesium.

Spouse is on the DASH diet, recommended by his Dr. We're both on it, since the diet is healthy and low sodium and it's too much trouble cooking two meals.

If diet, exercise, and vitamin supplements don't help lower your bp, then taking prescriptions is the only option. Do give supplements a try though, there are some excellent formulas out there and they don't have side effects.

Old 11-30-2020, 01:49 PM

10 posts, read 9,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
Right now my pressure is pretty high. I don't want to take meds because I'm afraid I won't always remember to take them on time, I don't like to be chained to meds, and I've been told that if I stop taking them, my pressure could go higher than it was before.
Have you tried Biomagnetism? Great way to clean out the kidneys which is typically the root cause of high blood pressure. I would also advice to start drinking lemon water as the kidneys are filters and if your not hydrating appropriately those kidneys can suffer. Any chance you also have low back pain or sciatic pain or leg cramps? So Biomagnetism is an alternative therapeutic method that helps clear and strengthen organs and glands and other tissues. Works great! I've seen many with blood pressure issues resolve after this. Hope this helps. Also, plain water is not the solution. Lemon water every time.

Old 12-06-2020, 01:20 PM

7,115 posts, read 12,657,474 times
I've high blood pressure. I tried alternative means to control it, including supplements and continued exercise. Low salt. Increased potassium ad magnesium, etc. Lowered it somewhat, but not enough. Now I take low doses of two BP meds and my BP is fine.

Everyone in my family has high BP...my BP drops after yoga and cycling--but rises again with the stress of every day life. Our family are quite emotional--they call us "hot reactors."

I've tried different meds and combos until the Doc and I hit on the right combo (for me).

No side effects that I've noticed with what I'm taking.

It can take some trial and error to find the right meds for each person.

I much prefer exercise and diet and supplements but in my case, it wasn't enough.

Old 12-07-2020, 08:24 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,709,114 times
Matisse12--
Are you aware that you are in the alternative health forum??

ie this forum is for people who do not necessarily go for the drugs first thing.

ie. the Poster asked for alternative remedies, he/she did not ask you for a diagnosis.

Who the h--- are you to tell them their ideas are absurd.
Thousands of people lower their blood pressure with meditation yoga diet supplements...

so I would say your ideas are ignorant and dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matisse12 View Post
Sorry, your ideas on this are absolutely absurd and very ill-informed. And very dangerous to your health.
A huge number of people are genetically predisposed to high blood pressure.
Take your meds.

The chances of you being able to lower your blood pressure without meds are very slim.

Why would you want to damage your vital organs including heart, blood vessels, kidneys, eyesight, and brain - damage which high blood pressure causes....and the very real possibility of having a stroke......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine