Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2022, 04:56 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,708,515 times

Advertisements

first let me say, I haven't been here in a long time. Glad to see Jamin is still here!

Has anyone found that reducing or lowering caffeine has helped your high blood pressure?
My functional/integrative medicine doctor suggested this.
As any coffee drinker (habitual) knows, this is not easy.
I am also doing a Kundalini Yoga kriya which is said to reduce cortisol.
I have ordered ashawaghanda (adaptogen) which counters the effects of stress.

A friend of mine found that garlic + hawthorne + lots of exercise lowered his blood pressure.

I read that oil of oregano will also lower it. I tried taking it every day and it upset my stomach.

Would appreciate hearing from anyone what works for you...thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2022, 06:00 AM

451 posts, read 421,454 times
I found that Increasing my coffee consumption lowers my blood pressure.
Being in the bathroom more often keeps me from yelling at my wife and increasing BP.

but that's just me.

Old 04-11-2022, 06:10 AM

1,624 posts, read 1,354,061 times
Jamin is no longer a member.
I would agree about lowering the caffeine.

The two things I am a little familiar with are Celery Seed Extract and PeptACE.

Other things I have heard about are hawthorn extract, olive leaf extract, and hibiscus tea.
Plus things like vitamin C, magnesium, omega-3, CoQ10.

Old 04-11-2022, 06:24 AM

1,316 posts, read 1,708,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlecat View Post
Jamin is no longer a member.
I would agree about lowering the caffeine.

The two things I am a little familiar with are Celery Seed Extract and PeptACE.

Other things I have heard about are hawthorn extract, olive leaf extract, and hibiscus tea.
Plus things like vitamin C, magnesium, omega-3, CoQ10.

thanks!

Old 04-11-2022, 10:40 AM

8 posts, read 6,554 times
Hello everyone! I’m also yoga and Ayurveda enthusiast . I’m glad to know new people who are interested in alternative way of living , thinking and healing . One day I started my Ayurvedic journey because of persistent anxiety, headaches, excess weight after I gave birth , lack of energy, no more passion for life .

2 months later I learned some Ayurveda basics by myself but still didn’t get impressive results . I was lost in an Ocean of information and I felt Iike I needed guidance of a certified Ayurvedic professional. I found him online amongst many Indian doctors . We had 2 consultations per week during a month and as per result I lost 22 pounds and got rid of bloating which annoyed me badly .
Now I can eat whatever I want , my body looks toned and fit , I feel lighter and healthier . My skin became smoother and more radiant .
Constant mood swings are gone , no more period pains , women will understand me .

I’ve never had that look and that bursting energy inside even at my 18th . Oh , the way my husband looks at me again

Old 04-11-2022, 10:48 AM

102,185 posts, read 107,790,902 times
Well, OP, the first thing I'd ask, is how is your salt intake? Usually the first thing people do to bring blood pressure down is cut back on salt. I've found, that substituting un-iodized salt (see your local health food store, Whole Foods, or whatever) for iodized makes a significant difference.

Regular exercise helps, too. A regular meditation practice helps reduce cortisol, so that may help blood pressure as well. Massage certainly reduces cortisol. Try experimenting with getting a weekly massage for a month, and see if you notice a difference.

Old 04-11-2022, 11:03 AM

10,385 posts, read 10,650,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenrr View Post
first let me say, I haven't been here in a long time. Glad to see Jamin is still here!

Has anyone found that reducing or lowering caffeine has helped your high blood pressure?

A friend of mine found that garlic + hawthorne + lots of exercise lowered his blood pressure.

I read that oil of oregano will also lower it. I tried taking it every day and it upset my stomach.

This is an article I just read the other day: Deep Dive: The best non-drug ways to lower blood pressure

Unfortunately, it mentions everything except caffeine.

Old 04-11-2022, 06:53 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Well, OP, the first thing I'd ask, is how is your salt intake? Usually the first thing people do to bring blood pressure down is cut back on salt. I've found, that substituting un-iodized salt (see your local health food store, Whole Foods, or whatever) for iodized makes a significant difference.

Regular exercise helps, too. A regular meditation practice helps reduce cortisol, so that may help blood pressure as well. Massage certainly reduces cortisol. Try experimenting with getting a weekly massage for a month, and see if you notice a difference.
I've had high blood pressure since I was in my 30's ( hereditary, my dad had it early too) and have taken medication for eons to control it, as well as for some other cardiac issues. I've found that regular exercise (at least 150 minutes per week of moderate aerobic exercise,)and working to keep stress at a minimum as much as I can- meditation, and other body/psyche relaxing measures should help with that, seem to me to work very well to control my blood pressure. Though in my case they'd be working with the medications, not as replacements for the medication.

I also try to keep the salt at a minimum ( not always mindful of this). Caffeine doesn't seem to affect my blood pressure, or cardiac arrythmias all that much.

Old 04-11-2022, 06:54 PM

14,928 posts, read 12,126,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
This is an article I just read the other day: Deep Dive: The best non-drug ways to lower blood pressure

Unfortunately, it mentions everything except caffeine.
That's a good article, thanks for sharing it.

Old 04-12-2022, 10:59 PM

3,243 posts, read 6,295,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellenrr View Post

I wouldn't take Oil of Oregano for blood pressure. I see it as something to be taken for only a short time for immune support as needed. The label for Gaia Oil of Oregano says "Suggested maximum time of use is 2-4 weeks".

Here is some more info on natural blood pressure support from a previous post.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/59650369-post10.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine