Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 12:42 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,723,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by max's mama View Post
Yes!
BODY ECOLOGY DIET!

This diet was created by a candida expert Donna Gates. It is the mose efficient anti-candida diet that I came across. Warning - it is difficult to follow in the beginning, it's very restricting. No sugar whatsoever, no startch, even out of the grains you are allowed to eat buckwheat and quinoa only, out of the fruits, only berries and lemon...no potatoes of ANY kind...It's only in the beginning though, after some time, you can reintroduce more foods, but sugar will be restricted always.

The Body Ecology Diet, Healthy Diets - BodyEcology.com

If you are serious about getting rid off the yeast, this is a diet for you.
Another warning - YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT. At least 10 pounds off right away.

You need to supplement with probiotics, people with candida are lacking friendly bacteria. Drink Kefir...as well as supplements.
Make sure that green leafy vegetables is a staple in your lunch and dinner. If you are a meat eater, you should have only about 35% of meat on your plate, the rest should be vegetables. Meat is acidic, you need to alkalize your body with green SUPERFOODS. I don't care what "so called" experts say about the body not getting into acidic state. Observations show the opposite.
Good advice.
I used to have that book and though i'm not good at following rigid diets,
that book is good resource and a good plan.

And i've found over the years that once sugar is cut out of the diet the cravings for it slowly but surely disappear.
Then all sorts of foods, grains, vegies, etc.. start to taste much yummier and sweeter.
So, whether or not there is a candida problem, dropping the sugar is a good idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2009, 02:25 PM

1,004 posts, read 2,771,151 times
Thanks for all the replies, so far I have not been eating gluten or yeast ( as I've found I'm intolerant to, though not sure if it's due to a leaky gut syndrome... likely cause by candida), and also removed sugar. Last night I had a clove of garlic in my potatoes... experience no die off symptoms. This morning I had a clove of garlic in my eggs, no die of symptoms. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. Though many claim they can smell the garlic in me, so I think I will try to convert to oil of oregano or extra virgin olive oil while takign probiotics.
Though why have I not experience die off symptoms.... does this mean I do not have candida, or it needs more time ( I'am over 90% sure I have candida all through me).

The post above mention how things may taste sweeter removing sugar and I agree. Though I really would like to eat grains like rice, beans etc... I just don't see why I can't.

As you see I'm really anxious to get rid of candida, but I don't want to starve myself ( as I'm craving for a bag for Japaleno Cheetos, it says sugar free). Any good snacks I could eat?

Old 08-02-2009, 03:04 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,341,422 times
"....I have self diagnosed myself as gluten and yeast intolerance, and was able to identify ( various ways/ reasons) of a over production of candida....."
Perhaps your candida infection (if it is that) is indicative of another underlying disorder.....

Old 08-02-2009, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post
"....I have self diagnosed myself as gluten and yeast intolerance, and was able to identify ( various ways/ reasons) of a over production of candida....."
Perhaps your candida infection (if it is that) is indicative of another underlying disorder.....
Which I question if I may be celiac along with yeast intolerance, causing candida... I finally did get a blood test by the doctors, notice my WBC were below normal ( not surprise since I have candida), did the test another week later and was 3.6, pathology who read my WBC said ( told by parent who spoke to the doctor) that it appears I'm recovering from a infection. I blame it on candida, though doctors are slow to jump on this situation so I decided it's best for me to take action now ( I mean seriously, school is next month)... my health has been getting better and the doctors had nothing to do with it, urgh.... who knows if my candida is caused by another health problem ( like thyroid), but I'm clueless with knowing since for some reasons the hospital in my area is slow with progress ( if any).

Being only 17 years old, this can be really fustrating ( as it is)

(Having been dealing with health problems since 8th grade, I knew I was beginning to look sick/ feel sick with symptoms and from there my health took off in 11th grade... doctors have yet been able to do anything with visits throughout the school year but blame anxiety, besides after months finally give me a blood test)

Old 08-02-2009, 11:31 PM

23,591 posts, read 70,383,686 times
Die-off symptoms can vary greatly. Understand though that potatoes are a simple carb, so you aren't on any Atkins type diet if you are eating those, and you are still feeding yeast a big meal(traditional vodka is made by feeding potatoes to yeast). You sound as if you are searching for a disease based on some somewhat vague symptoms.

Do yourself a favor and keep an almost hourly log of how you feel, what you eat at what times, what your activities are, and so on. Keep it up for two weeks. If you can, try eating just a single food (avoid multi-product foods, such as pizza or even stews) at one meal per day (eat normally otherwise) and only drink water with that meal, so you can test your reaction. You may find some correlations, even if they are offset by as much as 24 hours (there are reasons for this that are too complicated to go into here). It is almost always a mistake to diagnose without a full set of information, and self-diagnosis is even more iffy.

Understand also that the gut contains thousands of different strains of bacteria and microbial life. That is normal. They can get out of balance, or there can be other issues. Candida symptoms or treatment may not even relate to candida albicans. Observe, listen to your body, try to work from there.

Old 08-03-2009, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry chickpea View Post
Die-off symptoms can vary greatly. Understand though that potatoes are a simple carb, so you aren't on any Atkins type diet if you are eating those, and you are still feeding yeast a big meal(traditional vodka is made by feeding potatoes to yeast). You sound as if you are searching for a disease based on some somewhat vague symptoms.

Do yourself a favor and keep an almost hourly log of how you feel, what you eat at what times, what your activities are, and so on. Keep it up for two weeks. If you can, try eating just a single food (avoid multi-product foods, such as pizza or even stews) at one meal per day (eat normally otherwise) and only drink water with that meal, so you can test your reaction. You may find some correlations, even if they are offset by as much as 24 hours (there are reasons for this that are too complicated to go into here). It is almost always a mistake to diagnose without a full set of information, and self-diagnosis is even more iffy.

Understand also that the gut contains thousands of different strains of bacteria and microbial life. That is normal. They can get out of balance, or there can be other issues. Candida symptoms or treatment may not even relate to candida albicans. Observe, listen to your body, try to work from there.
If done all of that, and was first able to remove gluten which stop my server symptoms. I notice during this time as I would eat things with monosodium glutamate ( mainly chips) I got a kick in symptoms. I also notice when I was not consuming bread with yeast ( and ofcourse no gluten) I always got the feeling I was getting better. I finally made the strive to also remove yeast from my diet, and began to notice my rash disappering, marks healing, and other symptoms improving. I did research on why I could be yeast intolerance and came to notice about candida... all my symptoms of candida match like those of gluten. I found out there was a candida spit test, did it myself and tested positive. I knew this would hopefully put strive for doctors and others to know about my illness... though it did not. I can write tons of more, but basically finally after years and months got a blood test and notice my WBC were below normal... glad to get the news back thinking the doctors will start to look into health problems I've alerted them to such as: candida, pre-diabetes, thyroid, malnutrition, etc... This did not work, yet was order to get retested and pathology notice a increase in white blood cells and mention it appears I may be recovering from a infection. I blame it on candida, but still... doctors are always too slow to catch anything, and let every illness I have fly off the radar. Now I have another appointment Tuesday, and nearly nervous if they will ever put more effort into my health condition.... this is absolutely no fun at all.

Old 08-03-2009, 09:51 AM

23,591 posts, read 70,383,686 times
The average doctor is great at determining the commonly known diseases, but can really fall down when he gets out of his depth. You have a few choices when that happens. You can go to a place like the Mayo Clinic where they specialize in diagnostics, you can do your own research, you can go to a Chinese medicine practitioner, you can go to various alternative therapy practitioners.

One thought; you might look into N.A.E.T.. It seriously sounds like voodoo, but I can personally testify that when I was at wits end it resolved about 90% of my food sensitivity issues. The trick is finding the right person to do the treatment. I was a serious skeptic, and only tried it as a last resort, after hearing a good report about it from a nurse friend of DW.

Old 08-03-2009, 11:41 AM

466 posts, read 928,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mm_mary73 View Post

Candida is USUALLY the "underlying disorder" !

Old 08-03-2009, 04:15 PM

3,574 posts, read 14,341,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Sayin View Post
Candida is USUALLY the "underlying disorder" !
Not always. Diabetes often presents as a recurrent yeast infection.....

Old 08-03-2009, 05:50 PM

I do have hiccups throughout the entire day, notice I usually have hiccups when consuming sugar ( didn't really have loud hiccups until I consumed stony field yogurt... contain probiotics, though high in sugar).

This morning I did feel like I was catching the flu, woke up earlier than ever ( while usually not going to sleep, though resting in my bed around 2:30-3:00am). Though I question if I felt sick due to the lettuce I consumed before sleeping, many eggs, and no meat at all that day... did have a type of squash ( name start with a z, summer squash). I felt really awful, and still had garlic taste in my mouth from the other day... now I even feel garlic resistant ( even resist to put garlic salt on my food).

As I mention I do have a appointment tomorrow, not sure what will happen... though after the appointment I will buy a natural herb ( instead of garlic) to get rid of my candida.

Yeah I would like candida to be the cause of my gluten and yeast intolerance, though once I get rid of candida really nervous to re-introduce those grains ( espeically yeast) into my diet... since my server symptoms went away as I removed gluten. Though experiencing this all alone really makes me want to eat more healthier, and no longer so anxious at every junk food I see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness > Alternative Medicine